Let the modding begin......

HI85WH1

Shhh... I've got a Secret
OK.. I've been sitting on this thing for 2-1/2 years, put a mere 4K on it....

Lets go play....

Assumptions:

Upgrade to Walbro 255 or ?

Hotwire kit

New injectors (size)

FPR (Adjustable)

FP gauge (not keen on a hood mount)

New Chip for above mods.

Scanmaster

Maybe a DP if I'm not a broke ass by the time I get done with the first 1/2 of the list.

Keep in mind I'm assuming I'll need to replace the stock turbo at some point. (and the stock actuator rod!)

FINALLY!!....

Lets go play....

Assumptions:

Upgrade to Walbro 255 or ? YES!!

Hotwire kit YES!!

New injectors (size) Anything but stock. 60's 50's?..

FPR (Adjustable) YES!!

FP gauge (not keen on a hood mount) Rail mounted is good.

New Chip for above mods. YES!!

Scanmaster YES!!

Maybe a DP if I'm not a broke ass by the time I get done with the first 1/2 of the list. YES!!

Keep in mind I'm assuming I'll need to replace the stock turbo at some point. (and the stock actuator rod!)

Stock turbo = good enough. As far as the wastegate, just cut the stock rod and spend $2 at City Mill or Home Depot for the fitting to make it adjustable. I have the correct die if you need it.

Recommendations for vendors... or seeing as I'm a lazy ass I'd prefer one stop shopping unless the prices are crack smoking...

Looks like Bweavy will be getting a call this week....

I added alky to the wish list....

no scan master from them though

Lets go play....

Assumptions:

Upgrade to Walbro 255 or ?

Hotwire kit

New injectors (size)

FPR (Adjustable)

FP gauge (not keen on a hood mount)

New Chip for above mods.

Scanmaster

Maybe a DP if I'm not a broke ass by the time I get done with the first 1/2 of the list.

Don't forget the (Audio) Knock gauge.The Scanmaster will give you a visual knock reading.

And I would get the turbo,Tq converter,injectors,together(if possible) so they match each other. And you only have to buy one chip. Hell if you buy all of that from one vendor. I think they would give you the chip..:D

DP, 3"? or 3.5"?

3"... -You don't need a bigger DP than this for the performance level you're shooting for.

Also, there's nothing more annoying than a DP that vibrates intermittently against the frame!

3"... -You don't need a bigger DP than this for the performance level you're shooting for.

Also, there's nothing more annoying than a DP that vibrates intermittently against the frame!

If possible get a DP for ATR headers so I can use it too..;) Nah.. But a DP for ATR headers Will fit BOTH stock & ATR headers. Just in case you upgrade to ATR headers later.

Cool trailer! Even if you don't tow it, you can still use it as a second garage...

Only one problem... A G-body is nose to tail inside... (unless I remove the cabinets.... )

Blue monte is in it right now ....

I'm gonna drag this tread out of the closet like I just did my parts....

Installed: All new AC except the compressor hose and the hard line that runs from the candensor to the evap...

F-body radiator, +

I installed the ramchargers dual fans, and the jumper harness to connect the RC fans to the OE harness... then discovered the OE relays and wiring get really hot as reported here.

So I ordered the caspers harness for the fans that use the OE relays as triggers only.... Along with the hotwire, and a few other bits and pieces....

Next: FP, AFPR, Injectors, Chip, DP?.... Converter?....

On the converter topic... I found someone who has 3 original Art Carr converters for TR's sitting in the boxes... I can get them for a pretty good deal...

Hold off on the injectors and chip. I'll ask Guy tomorrow if he wants to sell his translator, chip, injectors, etc.

I'd just leave the stock D5 convertor if you're going to run the stock turbo.

bout time I see some action on this thread seems like you guys arent wrenching much anymore over that way, BWEAVY if you reading this post howgoesit down in N. Cackalackin well peeps I will be over your way on 30 DEC who's picking me up from da airport :eek:i ) kid Rob its about time you did something with that GN of yours good luck and see you all soon:cool::cool:

sorry to highjack your thread but I am in the same boat. I have a 100% stock GN, what would be the first thing you do? I don't want to do anything not easily returned to stock. I was thinking a chip, k&n and maybe exhaust. Do I need injectors right off the bat? What kind of ET am I looking at with just a chip?

Thanks,

bout time I see some action on this thread seems like you guys arent wrenching much anymore over that way, BWEAVY if you reading this post howgoesit down in N. Cackalackin well peeps I will be over your way on 30 DEC who's picking me up from da airport :eek:i ) kid Rob its about time you did something with that GN of yours good luck and see you all soon:cool::cool:

Hey Randy sent you & the boys a lil something out a week or so ago. It's from your favorite Place. Let me know when you get it.:)

Hold off on the injectors and chip. I'll ask Guy tomorrow if he wants to sell his translator, chip, injectors, etc.

OK... LMK... sorry I didnt make it Friday... is there going to be a Black Friday get together?

The GQ-SS is about done so I figured it was time to turn some attention to the GN......

Call 422-2222 for the ride from the airport.... :biggrin:

Any word? :confused::confused: