Leatherique Rejuvinator and Prestine Clean on 89 TTA

Who Needs 8

I've been looking at different products for a couple months now online. I found this stuff called Leatherique Restorer.

I was running out of the Leather Cleaner and Conditioner that I had been using, so I went ahead and bought some Leatherique (I bought the large bottles because I now have two cars with leather and my dad wanted to use it on his '93 Vette also).

The main thing I was intrigued by was that this isn't a "Cleaner and Conditioner", but a "Rejuvinator and Cleaner".

(Click on images for Higher Detail)

Before Pics

Driver (Damage is pretty common with 40k+ mile TTA's):

Notice how "shiny" it is, that's actually because it's hard and dried up. New leather is never that shiny.

Steering Wheel:

Passenger Seat:

Not as much Damage as the Drivers Seat, but still hard and dried up.

Here's a pic after applying Rejuvinator by hand (wearing latex gloves)

After letting it sit in the sun with the windows rolled up (as directed) for 8 hours, here's what resulted.

Notice how there is a crust on it, this is the dirt and years of crap that the rejuvinator brings out of the leather.

Results after One Application (for old dried up leather, multiple applications are recommended) and a cleaning with Leatherique Prestine Clean:

Driver (Still a little too much shine)

Passenger . . . so much improvment. I wish I could upload the feel.

Currently the second treatment is working it's magic in the garage. I'll post up results later tonight or tomorrow.

Interesting.
My dad has an 89 vette that could use that treatment. Only 35k on it, but the leather is pretty hard. Curious as to your results on the DS.
Thanks for posting