Lean condition

NorCalTurbos

Slowing down to SPEED UP!!!
My o2 reading at idle is 389-550 @idle the car runs ok but the smoke from the tailpipes is embarrassing. Vac lines good, breathers on valve covers, new ta/49 , new 60# injectors I'm not sure what could be causing the smoke at this point I'm ready to pull the motor again.
Thanks for any input
O2 389-550
Af 06
Blm 142
Int 128
Clt 168
Tps 38
Iac 46
Cc 01-250

Well, I'm not an expert but will add my 2cents.........from your numbers posted above:
you might have a lazy O2 sensor.....change it out with a new Denso unit, blm's are high..... BLM's at 142 indicate your ECM is adding fuel, it appears you have a very large vacuum leak (or leaks) somewhere. Do you have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator? You'll need a fuel pressure gauge to be able to read (if you don't have suggest you get these)....should be 43 pounds with vacuum line off.
TPS may be a little low? should be .42 to .44 , and lastly IAC (at idle with warm engine in park) should be lower, around 20-24.
What chip do you have in the car?
I've found that Eric's chip (Turbo Tweak) tends to be really rich at idle.

BLM's are pegged at 142. Check for a vacuum or a pre turbo exhaust leak. Static fuel pressure for Erics chip is 43 line off. Slap a new Denso 02 sensor in it. I'm assuming the smoke is black?

Well, I'm not an expert but will add my 2cents.........from your numbers posted above:
you might have a lazy O2 sensor.....change it out with a new Denso unit, blm's are high..... BLM's at 142 indicate your ECM is adding fuel, it appears you have a very large vacuum leak (or leaks) somewhere. Do you have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator? You'll need a fuel pressure gauge to be able to read (if you don't have suggest you get these)....should be 43 pounds with vacuum line off.
TPS may be a little low? should be .42 to .44 , and lastly IAC (at idle with warm engine in park) should be lower, around 20-24.
What chip do you have in the car?
I've found that Eric's chip (Turbo Tweak) tends to be really rich at idle.
The o2 is Denso and new, I have a chip from Eric and the adjustable fpr fuel pressure is right where it should be.

BLM's are pegged at 142. Check for a vacuum or a pre turbo exhaust leak. Static fuel pressure for Erics chip is 43 line off. Slap a new Denso 02 sensor in it. I'm assuming the smoke is black?
The smoke is Light Grey 02 is new also Denso no vac leak detected yet been searching for days that was my first thought vac leak.

I've tried the denso o2 sensor cause I read good things about it and it threw my numbers off so I put my ac delco back on and everything was back to normal.

After Thinking Back When I had the hot air setup I went through the same crap due to exhaust leak, after exhaust leaks were fixed it ran perfect it was night and day.
I forgot about my preturbo exhaust leak at the passenger header. It's coming off later for repair. I will keep you guys posted thanks for all input

Check your oil return line and make sure it isn't positioned incorrectly. Should be a nice slope going down towards the block. If its not, that would cause the oil not to drain back effectively and pool up, hence the smoke.

Idk if this helps but it only smoke on deceleration, at idle ok but the other day I let my 16yr old son drive it so I could watch the smoke, it was a trail that followed him all the way back home. Pretty embarrassing, no oil in dp or exhaust wheel, no more oil in IC I've cleaned it up since new turbo install. :troll::troll::troll: thanks again for all responses but I'm just stumped. Like I mentioned it may be the exhaust leak at the passenger side header forcing the ecu to dump fuel which explains the constant drip from the pipes at idle and the unburned fuel smoke trail at cruise. I really don't think it's blow by or crankcase pressure.

20170905_033805.jpg just found a bad injector plug. #3 is exposed and looks a little melted together, hmm never noticed this before, this could be an easy fix or I could just be Alice chasing rabbits :(

Check your oil return line and make sure it isn't positioned incorrectly. Should be a nice slope going down towards the block. If its not, that would cause the oil not to drain back effectively and pool up, hence the smoke.

Agree. Seems the journal bearing "PTE" turbos can be sensitive to this.

If the turbine wheel is dry, its not coming from the turbo.

Try disconnecting the pcv and see if it still smokes.

If the turbine wheel is dry, its not coming from the turbo.

Try disconnecting the pcv and see if it still smokes.
Turbine wheel bone dry, I will try the pvc tomorrow. Do I need to block off anything to avoid a massive vacuum leak?