Leaded Race Fuel

Rdirks

The only gas station (that I know of) in my area that sells high octane fuel only carries Cam2 110 leaded. This is by far the most convenient way for me to boost my octane level up a bit.

I have no cat on my car since it is a 1965, but will it hurt my o2 sensors to run 1/2 tank of this mixed with 1/2 unleaded 92? Will a heated o2 sensor help? Any other issues with this idea?

Thanks in advance.

Yes over time it will kill a O2 sensor by using leaded fuels, but sensors are cheap compared to rebuilding a engine.

Yes over time it will kill a O2 sensor by using leaded fuels, but sensors are cheap compared to rebuilding a engine.
+1. Just keep replacing the O2 sensors. Heated i better. Denso sensors are crap for closed loop operation. Might as well just run open loop and no sensor if you are considering a Denso

+1. Just keep replacing the O2 sensors. Heated i better. Denso sensors are crap for closed loop operation. Might as well just run open loop and no sensor if you are considering a Denso

I've read this several times on the board here... but wonder what exactly is crap about them ? Inaccurate ? lazy ?

Just curious what you've seen with them and what kind of symptoms you're seeing when they go bad ?

I've used them a few times and never had problems... but that was just me.

Which 1-wire do you prefer ?

BTW... did you get a look at those heads yet ? :cool:

I will tell ya the Bosch O2's are crap too! Very unreliable.
When run with leaded fuel they are. Unleaded they are the most active. Any of the wide bands will be the best choice.

I've read this several times on the board here... but wonder what exactly is crap about them ? Inaccurate ? lazy ?

Just curious what you've seen with them and what kind of symptoms you're seeing when they go bad ?

I've used them a few times and never had problems... but that was just me.

Which 1-wire do you prefer ?

I too have read this and wondered what the complaint about the Denso's was?

Could you elaborate?

I too have read this and wondered what the complaint about the Denso's was?

Could you elaborate?

They cross count very slow even when new. They dont throw the code when shot as easily as a Bosch but they are still wasting a lot of fuel long before they throw the code. You should just get a chip that cruises in open loop and let the code stay in there all the time since you will be wasting fuel in closed loop if the sensor is shot anyway.

I run a Capser's heated O2 as well as a LC-1 wideband with 110 leaded Sunoco. Have not had a problem in 2400 miles but that does not mean I won't. When I do, I will replace the faulty sensor and keep running leaded fuel. Eventually I will add alky and go back to leaded 93.

I run a Capser's heated O2 as well as a LC-1 wideband with 110 leaded Sunoco. Have not had a problem in 2400 miles but that does not mean I won't. When I do, I will replace the faulty sensor and keep running leaded fuel. Eventually I will add alky and go back to leaded 93.

Thats extreme mileage on a non wideband O2. How fast is it cross counting?