LC2 powered Cadillac CTS @ BG

jon_we4

Cold Fusion Monkey
Has anyone seen it run?

Seen it on the trailer and I thought it was sweet (heard the LC2 rumor)...then saw it and was pretty disappointed ....the engine bay could have been done cleaner.

I do have alot of pictures of it ...but I gotta run to check out of the hotel

I really dont think it runs too well (havnt seen it moved yet)

does anyone know first hand?

Uhhh...it currently runs pretty much like doody. I stood and watched them attempt to drive it back onto the trailer. It would barely idle in gear. I walked away but looked back about 15 minutes later and it was still on the tarmac.

Seems to me that they perhaps just got it together with that motor for the purpose of working out fitment and wiring issues. I'd think that they would pull that motor back out and clean or replace it with something befitting a new Caddy.

Cool idea and it takes some balls to do something like that too. :cool:

the car is owned by Tommy at A Alert Performance in chicago. he sticks lc2's in whatever he can. so far ive seen station wagons , cutlass supremes , rx-7s etc. The cts is brand new and was first started on thursday. he put it together in a few days. the wiring was a lil messy because he is trying to get all of the original vehicle functions to work with the new engine. i think its good to see the lc2 in underpowered luxury cars. This car keeps up the "fast with class " motto. id hate to line up against that thing.

surej

What transmission does this strange brew use?? I have to agree, that takes a lot of balls, not to mention clever fitting to do that. I was just wondering if it's using the stock Caddy tranny. Anybody have any pics on their website?

The powertrain in that CTS has gone 11.00 @124 in his previous LC2 powered RX7. The motor combo is; 4.1 with steel caps, ported heads/intake, custom FM, 45 turbo, msd #50,DFI, ATR headers with racegate setup custom 3" downpipe. full race 200 r4 trans and a non-lockup PI converter. He only had less than 2 weeks to get it together the Caddy dealer kept dragging the delivery date (he wanted a Silver or a black one). The reason car had a hard time driving up the trailer is that the power to the map sensor was lost (DFI car) so in load it didn’t want to run.