LC1 install getting #8 error code. Faulty 02?

MP is 99.7 key on engine off.

That sounds alright. How about when you start the car? Whats it read at idle? Take note of any change as the car warms up. Keep in mind the car is running off the map now and a rock solid map signal is required when running S.D. Should be somewhere in the 40's at idle and should be consistent.

Good luck :biggrin:

Do I need to sacrifice a goat or something? I can't figure this out. The symptoms are painfully obvious. I start it up and it just bucks and misses and I get grey smoke out the exhaust. WBAF is 10:1. My NB is reading in the 400s until warm up. Does it even use the NB02 in open loop during warm up? Eventually it smooths out a little as the ECM tries to lean it out. I thought at first it must be my IAT but the readings are normal on the T-Pro. Only thing I can think of is a faulty NB02 or a bad injector/injectors. :confused:

I guess I should start a new thread.

We need an Old Priest and a Young Priest.

That sounds alright. How about when you start the car? Whats it read at idle? Take note of any change as the car warms up. Keep in mind the car is running off the map now and a rock solid map signal is required when running S.D. Should be somewhere in the 40's at idle and should be consistent.

Good luck :biggrin:

Thanks. MP is around 44 at idle. Forgot to mention this was happening before I installed the T-pro. I had a plain old Extender chip in it. I thought when I went to the T-Pro it would clear up but it didn't.

New thread in three, two, one...

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/ge...-help-please-runnin-pig-rich.html#post2156209

Well, my new thread didn't get any action. Here's a "start up" recording from the PL. It's a cold open loop start. Also, my DC(Density Compensation) is over 100 percent:

Attachments

• startup.zip
    22.9 KB · Views: 34
What are your concerns again? I lost track between you getting new headers and now.

What do you have your part throttle tracking (PTT) gain set to in the maft pro?

Mike

It's running super rich. It stumbles like crazy when I start it cold and I can see grey smoke comming out the tail pipes. When I take the dip stick out, the oil just drips off it like water.

The only thing I can think off is that I might have a stuck injector. :confused:

It's running super rich. It stumbles like crazy when I start it cold and I can see grey smoke comming out the tail pipes. When I take the dip stick out, the oil just drips off it like water.

The only thing I can think off is that I might have a stuck injector. :confused:

If you have a stuck injector, one spark plug will be black. If all the plugs are black, it is a global issue meaning something is throwing off the entire tune.

Have you done a factory reset on the Tpro? Worth a try. I think it's the two right buttons you hold while powering up. If that does not work try the two left buttons. Reconfigure the pro and see if that helps out. They can sometimes become corrupt.

If that does not help, the problem may not even be related to the Tpro. Specially if you had it b4 the install.

Nah, it's not realted to the T-pro. I had this problem before it. I even swapped ECM's. I didn't look at any single spark plug but it has an obvious miss when I start it cold. That's what leads me to the injecotr theory.

Thanks for the link. I got the WB02 problem straightned out and it's been working fine ever since.

It's throwing some codes now (yay!). I'm getting "low MAF circuit" and "Rich 02". I don't even have a MAF anymore. :confused:
The SES light comes on for a few seconds occasionally and then goes off.

I didn't

Thanks for the link. I got the WB02 problem straightned out and it's been working fine ever since.

It's throwing some codes now (yay!). I'm getting "low MAF circuit" and "Rich 02". I don't even have a MAF anymore. :confused:

see that you had posted a "cure". What was it?

The Tpro uses the maf circuit for fuel command. You can still get a maf code if the signal in out of range.

Post all the sensor readings from the Tpro at idle.

see that you had posted a "cure". What was it?

I wound up just buying a new 02 Sensor from Autozone and it's been working fine ever since.

I'll try and get an idle file. In closed loop it does a pretty good job of keeping the AF at 14:1 but it hunts like crazy. If I run open loop it runs really rich but smoother.