Latest Progress with the Monster S510 91mm Turbo

A big thanks to all.

John, cable driving the fuel pump is an option. A mechanical pump looks like the best option right now.

Great job Donnie!! Looks like when you get your boost creep thing figured out that should help the car be more predictable on the launch. Hard for me to see exactly but the wheelie bars look like they need to be moved up a bit to give the front end a bit more of its head and keep the weight transfered on the rear tires. Otherwise GREAT JOB!!! Mike:cool:
At Firebird, the launch pad was so bad, the tires blew away on 2 of the 4 passes. I've never had the tires completely blow away on me at the launch. This was something new for me. On the last pass which gave me the best time slip, I had to lower the nitrous turn off point, lower the launch rpm/boost, and raise the wheelie bars from my normal 2-4 turns, to 14 turns on the adjustment. Basically, try to get the wheelie bars out of the picture. It worked, and still gave me a 1.33 60'.
Just after the 1000' mark, the engine was leaning big time and the engine was surging as if hitting the rev limiter. Luckily, didn't blow anything, but I will be increasing the fuel supply capacity before the next time out.
I don't know what the boost was on that last pass. As the weekend progressed, I kept trying to throw more fuel to the top end. The datalog was showing leaning. Dangerous leaning. There did appear to be improvement with each step up of the fueling. The boost also seemed to creep up higher at the top end, though the boost controller settings were untouched for the top end. I'm only running a 3 bar, and on the final pass, and about halfway through 3rd, the datalog flatline maxed out the map reading to the ceiling (31 psi). Judging by how much she was leaning, I will also definitely be installing a 4 bar map sensor before the next time out. This monster is begging for more fuel and more boost. No,... not begging,... DEMANDING!
Could this 91mm just be warming up at 31 psi? Holy cow!

The creep feature for the transbrake worked FLAWLESSLY. I highly recommend it.

When are these small valve heads finally going to govern this motor?! I don't get it!

Donnie, great video of you and I at Barona. You were about to loose it on the top end if I remembered correctly... Wow,the sound of you engine is amazing. Sounds like a Bee storm...lol Congrats on you 8 Sec pass too! Wanna go to Barona again this weekend before the big tear down, I know one cylinder was waaaay down even before Pinks. It's just amazing you still went that fast.... With more left....
Ray

Donnie, great video of you and I at Barona. You were about to loose it on the top end if I remembered correctly... Wow,the sound of you engine is amazing. Sounds like a Bee storm...lol Congrats on you 8 Sec pass too! Wanna go to Barona again this weekend before the big tear down, I know one cylinder was waaaay down even before Pinks. It's just amazing you still went that fast.... With more left....
Ray
That sounds like a plan. See you there.

Here's a vid of the 8.76 et pass at Pinks All Out.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtGX-u05YX4[/YOUTUBE]