late model s-10 hybrid?

quickbrick

has anyone done a late model s-10 hybrid? any pics? ive been trying to decide what to do with my car. it is falling apart and i cant keep up with it. the body is in bad shape but it still runs good. id sell it but i wouldnt get much of anything for it. i have been thinking about transplanting the motor into a late model s-10.

im still kicking around ideas. ive had my buick for 6 years and the last year has been rough. it got caught in golfball size hail, ruining just about every body piece. then a deer ran into it a few weeks ago. im thinking about pulling the motor and harness and parting the rest. i dont have the money to build one now so it would be a very slow project. a guy around here has a early 90's s-10 with a built gn motor in it. its very fast.

has anyone done a late model s-10 hybrid? any pics? ive been trying to decide what to do with my car. it is falling apart and i cant keep up with it. the body is in bad shape but it still runs good. id sell it but i wouldnt get much of anything for it. i have been thinking about transplanting the motor into a late model s-10.

I have an 88 S10 hybrid, not late model but very similiar. One thing I would suggest is use a 97-99 4.3HO 5 speed manual trans. rearend, its an 8.5 rear so its stronger then the standard rear. It maybe in other model S10's also. Its a bolt in. Depending on the type of body style even the driveshaft will bolt in. Otherwise all the details are on this web site or on TB's .

The worst part of the swap is the crossover pipe and the down pipe.

I have an 88 S10 hybrid, not late model but very similiar. One thing I would suggest is use a 97-99 4.3HO 5 speed manual trans. rearend, its an 8.5 rear so its stronger then the standard rear. It maybe in other model S10's also. Its a bolt in. Depending on the type of body style even the driveshaft will bolt in. Otherwise all the details are on this web site or on TB's .

The worst part of the swap is the crossover pipe and the down pipe.

What is the 4.3HO in? Im sawpping a 3.8 in my 91 and i was going to use the T5 until I can afford the upgrade. What about running the crossover in the front of the engine like the sy/ty? I was throwing that idea around for awhile.

Check these out and grab some ideas !!! ;)

Late model:
GNxS10 swap

Older Model:
New Member...new Project ! Check It Out !! - t6p.com - Turbo Buick Regal Resource

What is the 4.3HO in? Im sawpping a 3.8 in my 91 and i was going to use the T5 until I can afford the upgrade. What about running the crossover in the front of the engine like the sy/ty? I was throwing that idea around for awhile.

4.3HO is a 4.3chevy engine with manual 5speed availible in the S10. Nothing exciting. Thats the truck to look for with the good 8.5 rear.

My cross over fits well behind the engine, it would be alot more work to put it in front of the engine. You would have to modify both exhaust manifolds also.