late 2-3 shift after filter change

jcor12

I had a 200r4 transmission gasket leak. I put on a new filter when I had the pan off. I'm now having a late 2-3 gear shift. I believe I have debris in the TV body. If I accelerate (more than I should have to), it will shift from 2-3. I already re-adjusted the TV cable, tried stomping the gas at around 25 mph, and disconnected the TV and pull it all the way (many times) to increase pressure to maybe flush out debris. I am now at the point where I believe the Valve body needs to be removed to be cleaned out.

1. Anything else I can try before I take this step?
2. If I take the valve body out, I don't know yet what I am looking for or where to clean. The debris can be tiny/microscopic. Anyone experienced with this?

Thanks in advance.
Joe

Did you have any luck with your shift problem? i have a periodic 2-3 shift problem as well. If I give the tv cable a few snaps it works fine again. I know this cant be the proper fix for this. Did you end up pulling the VB? Or did the potential debris get picked up by the filter? Thanks for any info you can offer.

I have not solved the problem yet. My builder speculated that one of my springs fell off the governor. I pulled the governor and it only has one spring so I have been searching for a new one, but they are very hard to find. I bought an entire governor to see what I can figure out.

I have read here and my builder stated sometimes a spring can come off. He said especially if you floor it and step right off the pedal. I do this all the time because I don’t have a rev limiter installed.
Did you have any luck with your shift problem? i have a periodic 2-3 shift problem as well. If I give the tv cable a few snaps it works fine again. I know this cant be the proper fix for this. Did you end up pulling the VB? Or did the potential debris get picked up by the filter? Thanks for any info you can offer.