Laser/Holo sights...

S10xGN

RETIRED!
Hi All,

Picked up a couple Crimson Trace lasers for the pistols, now I'm looking for good holographic sights for my AR's. The Eotech's look great, but man are they pricey! Are there any good ones for half that or less?

TIA!

If you like the look of Eotechs check out Bushnell Holo sight. Bushnell stopped making them but there are a lot of the out there for sale. I put one on my dad's shotgun and it made it easy for him pick up a good sight picture. Now it sits on top of my son's AR15, looks just like a Eotech @ less than 1/2 the price.

You talking about their "First Strike"? Shows it's still available new for ~ $140

730005_FirstStrikeRedDot_cmyk.png

No, they stopped making the Holo sight , it looks just like the Eotech , but you can still get them . google "bushnell Holo sight". There are a lot of "holo sight " style optics like the one you posted . My other son has one from Sightmark on his AR , looks similar and has a laser on the side of it. It seems to work OK .

Last edited:
I'm not sure of any other holographic sight besides eo techs. You might be able to find a good deal on a used one on another forum. The older ones (I'd say pre 2008ish) are rough on batteries though.

What is the rifle used for? Self defense? Training? Plinking? All of the above? If it's a rifle to be used for self defense, I would save the money and get decent optics. I don't understand why people buy 1000 dollar rifles only to put a 100 dollar optic on it. Don't get me wrong, there are some decent 'cheap' optics out there. I have a Bushnell TRS-25 on an AK doing just fine. Overall though, I think it's worth the money for an optic that may be used for self defense. It's a bad feeling to raise a rifle and see blank glass.

Have you looked at an Aimpoint PRO? Great sight for the price and it's pretty much an M68 sight for under 500. 2 MOA dot with a sight you can leave on for years and not worry about the battery. Probably find a deal on them this time of year from one of the big box stores or online.

How about "most of the above"? Mainly home defense (dept of "Just Us" & our unfriendly govt) and plinking. I've been finding a few used Eotec and Bushnell holo's and thanks for the info on Aimpoint!

I've had a chance to watch a couple dozen (both Eotec and the older Bushnells) cross E-Bay and I've got to say, paying 75 - 90% list for a 5 to 10 year old sight is not overly appealing. Guess I'll be buying a new one...