Larger Injectors vs Powerplate

Granny 2

I just wondered about something.

The Powerplate was developed to richen up the #5&6 cylinders by distributing the airflow better right?

Has anyone ever tried putting a larger size injector in the two rear cylinders? Like if you are running 36#'s put a pair of 42#'s in #5&6 cylinders. The ECM would still think all the injectors are 35#'s but there should be a pit more fuel delivered to #5&6. I know the 7th injector was to help richen up things but it would make all cylinders richer.

Has anyone heard of or tried this out?

Just a thought and might be a very stupid idea but it seems to make some sense. :confused:

I'm not a chip programmer and I'm not sure how much power the stock computer has, but wouldn't modifying the programming for the rear injectors accomplish the same thing? It would probably be more precise too, especially if you could tell exactly how lean the rear cylinders were. That's assuming you haven't already maxed out your injectors. Like I said, I'm not sure if it's possible w/ the stock computer, just something to think about. As far as the bigger injectors, I think it might be too big of a jump in size. Just my $.02.

pure_boost, that would work great...with a F.A.S.T. system, or another third-party equivalent. The stock ECM doesn't provide functionality for individual cylinder tuning. You're on the right track, though...

Granny, good idea. This has been done in the past, but requires an in-depth analysis of each cylinder's flow percentage vs. the other 5. The best way to do this is by measuring EGT and/or O2 on every cylinder. Unfortunately, most of us aren't equipped for that.

The easiest way to get close to your proposed solution is to have your 6 injectors professionally flowed at a variety of pulse-widths, and place the two greatest-flowing units in cylinders 5 and 6.

Band Aid of a different color..

The basic problem addressed by the power plate is the poor design of the intake and plenum, which flows more air to the rear cylinders. Matching fuel flow to the air flow would help, but it would NOT bring the front cylinders up to full capacity. The power plate, by "redirecting" flow to the front of the engine helps to get all six cylinders working at peak power. (some folks don't like the word "restriction", so I'm saying "redirect" instead) With bigger injectors in the rear, you would still have the front of the engine doing less than its share of the work. The REAL solution to this problem would be a new intake and plenum, but that's not likely to appear. Until/unless that happens, the Power Plate seems to be the best band aid available, which gets all six cylinders doing their share.

Get the power plate and do not look back. My car has never been the same more power, snappier throttle response, smoother idle, smoother accelleration.

No flames intended..but, 5 & 6 are rich due to poor air distribution and the power plate addresses it.

proper fuel air ratio is needed to promote efficient combustion.

The power plate also will keep the engines harmonics in check. By equalizing the cylinder volumes of air/fuel to all the cylinders and having a heck of alot closer combustion pressures due to the proper fuel air mixtures.

This promotes less harmonics and stress to the reciprocating assembly and block.

hot holes

All engines have distribution trouble some more than others. think of a inline 6. on a SBC # 7 hole is always the hottest cylinder why?I dont know. On some BBC people have run different jets in the rear than front. The ultimate setup would be temp probes on each cylinder and a system to tune each individualy, lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$