Laptop for poweelogger (and maybe more)

Regulator23

Well, my laptop, which was used strictly for my powerlogger interface, shit the bed.
Like me, it was formidable in its day, but likely a dog by today’s standard.
Anyone using a new sub $300 laptop for their powerlogger. One which would work well with a stand alone ECU which, like my new turbo, is something I was sure I would never upgrade to.
The HP Stream or similar which would be devoted strictly to tuning or frisbee duty depending on my Buick’s responsiveness?

Any laptop with a USB port will work. Look on Amazon for certified refurbished.

Stay away from Vista. Lol

I keep an eye on the lenovo corporate returns on ebay. the thinkpad t450s or something along those lines is fairly decent for the money. Just have to pay attention to what is installed in it. Many might not have an operating system. I like an SSD hard drive but It isn't needed.

Panasonic on eBay government surplus, supper tough. The tech were I work said it would out last anything out there, and he seen them take some abuse. This is four years in my position and out lasted everything I’ve owned before

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 91
Panasonic on eBay government surplus, supper tough. The tech were I work said it would out last anything out there, and he seen them take some abuse. This is four years in my position and out lasted everything I’ve owned before

This, if you need a unit that's super tuff. Not pretty, but tuff.
I bit the bullet, and got a multipurpose lt.
It has:
A matte screen, so it can be seen in daylight.
A SSD.
A 15" screen, as I'm an old fart, and need it. Kinda like my 50" tv!
Part I like best, is the matte screen. I don't need to see my ugly puss, in a reflection. I do my makeup, before I start with the LT. :rolleyes: