Laptop, ADLD/cable for sale

acoen

Hey guys, selling my windows 98 Winbook with Turbometer and new ALDL cable. Comes with nice case, and ac adapter.....needs a battery but works fine with adapter. Great for tuning.....Battery still available and not too expensive.

$200 plus shipping...Works great! Ah heck make me a fair offer!:cool:

Laptop

What exactly is a turbometer? I am looking for a laptop for direct scan. What are the specs on the laptop. How much memory and the processor speed, what kind of ports does it have. Thanks, AJ

What exactly is a turbometer? I am looking for a laptop for direct scan. What are the specs on the laptop. How much memory and the processor speed, what kind of ports does it have. Thanks, AJ

Turbometer is an older Turbo Buick Software package (actually works pretty good).....I will get the specifics on the laptop later this evening once I get home.

Thanks again for the response AJ....

Ok here is the run down....

Winbook w/Windows 98
Intell pentium II 300mhz
6 GB hard drive
LT Win V90 Modem
DVD-ROM
ATI Rage LT PRO AGP Video Adapter
ESS Maestro Sound
Serial port
USB port

Also have a new ALDL connector with Serial port adapter

Turbometer, not sure which version, I have used it and it works very well.

I made a huge mistake I asked my 17 year old daughter what your Avtar (shocker) was all about....Ahhh ohhhhh Ahhhh so that's the shocker huh? Cough, Choke, Cough, Gasp! I embarassed my daughter pretty baddly. Thought it was like a gang sign or something...Damn I should have never asked...:redface:

Now that I have been scarred, you need to buy my computer!:eek:

I made a huge mistake I asked my 17 year old daughter what your Avtar (shocker) was all about....Ahhh ohhhhh Ahhhh so that's the shocker huh? Cough, Choke, Cough, Gasp! I embarassed my daughter pretty baddly. Thought it was like a gang sign or something...Damn I should have never asked...

LMAO. this just made my night! lol. i'll bet that conversation was more than a little awkward. that is freakin hilarious. sorry for chuckling at your hardships, but that is priceless. good luck with the sale, thanks for the laughs.

The Shocker

Sorry about that.My God talk about awkward!I guy I worked with put it on and I don't know how to change it!!!! I had no idea what it was either until he told me. Now I know how to lock my keyboard when I am not in front of my computer.As for the Turbometer does it have the same display as a Direct scan with all the guages appearing on the screen?

LMAO. this just made my night! lol. i'll bet that conversation was more than a little awkward. that is freakin hilarious. sorry for chuckling at your hardships, but that is priceless. good luck with the sale, thanks for the laughs.

Nahhh, no hardship she is pretty innocent, stays close to mom and dad...teenagers just know more than we think....It embarassed her more than me...Honestly I thought it was a gang sign or some "Hang Loose" thing! Man I was shocked....no pun intended.

Sorry about that.My God talk about awkward!I guy I worked with put it on and I don't know how to change it!!!! I had no idea what it was either until he told me. Now I know how to lock my keyboard when I am not in front of my computer.As for the Turbometer does it have the same display as a Direct scan with all the guages appearing on the screen?

Now that's funny, that's the type of things we do a work too. I'm sure glad I didn't use it as "hang loose" or something like that at work. My daugther could have fibbed and had a bunch of fun with me. She could have had me do it to all of the girls at work...Crap would I have been in trouble!

Yes the turbo meter has two screens to choose from. One with gauges and the other with a standard display showing itemized values...better yet let me take a photo and post it.

Okay I give up... what does it mean???:confused: I don't want to ask my granddaughters, :redface: (yea I'm that old) please pm me with the meaning if it can't be posted here....I'm dying to know!!:confused:

Laptop

I am intertested more in the laptop.
I have a direct scan and am wondering if that has enough memory to run it.I tried finding some info on the Turbometer but it looks like they don't make it anymore. I just need something to dial my cars in.Oh there are other offshoots of the "shocker" There is the Teaser,The Pleaser,Spocker,the Rocker,and finally the Show Stopper.These kids nowadays have waaaaayyyyy to much time on their hands.:eek:

I am intertested more in the laptop.
I have a direct scan and am wondering if that has enough memory to run it.I tried finding some info on the Turbometer but it looks like they don't make it anymore. I just need something to dial my cars in.Oh there are other offshoots of the "shocker" There is the Teaser,The Pleaser,Spocker,the Rocker,and finally the Show Stopper.These kids nowadays have waaaaayyyyy to much time on their hands.:eek:

Turbo meter will dial you in...Should also run direct scan with no problem. I don't know why Turbo meter didn't take off....I think its great. I will post a photo of the screen shots Turbometer was a free program. Let me know on the laptop....always worked great for me and the ALDL cable is a high quality item....I paid $50 plus shipping....Just for the cable. Let me know...I will have photos posted tonight.

Ok guys how about 150 shipped..... for the Winbook, ALDL cable and turbometer...The ALDL cable is 60 bucks alone (if you were to purchase it from ALDL.com.) I would like to get rid of this thing...

I also have another laptop I can install turbometer on. (but I don't have an ALDL for that one) Similar specs to the one above can make a great deal on both...

Okay I give up... what does it mean???:confused: I don't want to ask my granddaughters, :redface: (yea I'm that old) please pm me with the meaning if it can't be posted here....I'm dying to know!!:confused:

2 in the Pink, 1 in the Stink :biggrin:

Hey guys still available plus I have another.....Lets do this, need to let these things go....They work great! How about this! $135 shipped for the laptop with ALDL cable and Turbometer and $115 plus shipping for the other with Turbometer only!