L67 swap into 72 chevy truck

tford

Registered Member
I have a donor car. It's a 100% complete 98 Pontiac GTP (my old car). How much of a project would this be? The chevy truck has a TH350 trans. Just thought this would be a pretty nasty sleeper if I rebuild the tired L67 and turbo it. Plus the truck is emissions exempt in Md so I could do away with everything emissions related along with the ac stuff. Am I dreaming or would this be pretty cut and dry? Thanks, Tim

The TH350 pattern is different from the narrow pattern on a 3800. Easiest way is to use a RWD 4L60e out of a 97-02 Fbody.

The easiest way is to buy a SII 3800 out of a Fbody with a blown engine. Your going to need the trans, converter, flex plate, ECM and harness, exhaust manifolds, AC compressor, Power steering pump, oil pump pickup, pan, oil filter adapter, starter, and a few random brackets.

You need everything from the supercharger to the crank essentially out of the GTP. That is if you want to supercharge it. If you are going turbo, just swap a complete NA L32 out of a F body. About the only thing you would gain out of the GTP is the bigger injectors and lower compression, stronger rods and pistons.

Another thought would be using a 700R4. It would work with the L67, but would require a costly custom build to withstand the power of the L67.