Kye Jumped!

Back tire cracked before the light. If thats the rule they play by (and apparently it is) then Kye lost. Thought the flagger had final say and he reluctantly admitted it was a jump after seeing the rear camera view.

Depends on which tire you look at right?
At the track, he wouldn't have red lighted. Yes, I know this is street racing and rules are different but . . . I have never seen anyone look at the rear tire before to determine start timing. All previous calls have been determined by looking at the front tire/nose. So did he really jump or didn’t he?

Kyle wanted to run again, which I believe is the mature thing to do to settle the dispute . . . . Good drama.

Depends on which tire you look at right?
At the track, he wouldn't have red lighted. Yes, I know this is street racing and rules are different but . . . I have never seen anyone look at the rear tire before to determine start timing. All previous calls have been determined by looking at the front tire/nose. So did he really jump or didn’t he?

Kyle wanted to run again, which I believe is the mature thing to do to settle the dispute . . . . Good drama.
Exactly. Thats why I stated if thats the rules they are playing by. I've seen other episodes where they looked at tire crack to determine who jumped. Flagger has final say (by their own rules) and flagger determined it was a jump in the end. I agree, at the track would've been a non-issue. They should have ran it back for sure but they probably need to squeeze this drama for all its worth as I'm sure the ratings for this show is not as good as the original.

I don't blame Scott Taylor for not running him again. This was the 3rd time Kelly red lighted against him. Scott told him what 3 times or more DO NOT RED LIGHT...

On a side note, I wonder if there was a beam if it would have broken it. Seems the car had to move forward ever so slightly, I am guessing here....

Without slow mo no one would even be able to see a "jump" like that.

Flagged from the front no way to see a tire crack like that,from the side the nose off the light was clean,from the back the tire and rear went to squat hundredths off the light.its all up to what rules they use.they sure know how to spin it.

TV drama BS. If this was a light, I think Kye would have cut a perfect RT. The front tires need to crack the beam before the green night in order to get a red light. Anticipating the light is how you get a great RT. Scott Taylor know's Kye's game and was dead set to beat him on a technicality before the race even started. I'm sure that group is done with TV at this point.

He jumped, plain and simple. Yeah yeah the front tire didn't move, but this isn't the track with beams that tell if you someone has jumped. They (Nola, OKC and every other street racer) use the rear tire as evidence. If the rear tires move before the light is on they jumped, unless they are running chase is a race rules. End of story.

Think about it like this, at a track with a tree you have the 3 yellows, ether a full tree or a pro tree. That's what lets you know when to anticipate the green. You don't have that luxury in this street race situation, the light is the light. You can try to anticipate it all you want, but if your finger is off that button(t-brake) before that light is on, you've redlite/jumped.

Do I agree with it? Ehh.....yes and no. It's part of the reason they went to a flashlight vs the arm drop. An arm drop can get confusing, a light is either on or off. So they adjust the rules to make it fair, hence why I see them using the back tires instead of the front to call a jump.

Cry Kelly needs to pay up. But that race was a long time ago, they're all past it now.

I call BS. Scott got drug and did what anyone that got beat would do. The back tire cracking did not propel the car forward before the light came on. That makes it a perfect reaction.

Scott should have ran him again. If not paid Kye the money.

I call BS. Scott got drug and did what anyone that got beat would do. The back tire cracking did not propel the car forward before the light came on. That makes it a perfect reaction.

Scott should have ran him again. If not paid Kye the money.

You're missing the point, the tire was cracked before the light came on....aka his finger was OFF THE BUTTON before the light was on. That's a jump, doesn't matter if the car was being propelled forward or not. At the track it would have been a perfect light, but this wasn't at the track. And this is THEIR RULES that they go by so I don't even know why it's a debate. They go by the back tire so by that rule it's a jump, advantage or not.

I guarantee you if the roles were reversed and Kyle got beat but Scott did the same thing and cracked the back tire Kye would be raising hell.

That rule is stupid, Kye's car did not move before the light came on. They need to throw that rule out. BTW, they're racing on the street. Who cares about rules on the street?

I could understand if Kye won by a bumper but he didn't.

Kye won this race.

That rule is stupid, Kye's car did not move before the light came on. They need to throw that rule out. BTW, they're racing on the street. Who cares about rules on the street?

I could understand if Kye won by a bumper but he didn't.

Kye won this race.

Not disagreeing with you on that one, but that's the only way they feel they can keep it fair when it comes to a jump. It's hard to see a car kreep forward just the slightest but it's easy to see a rear tire start to move.

Just bc it's on the street doesn't mean there shouldn't be rules, usually a good bit of money going on between the drivers and spectators. Things need to be clear cut or it can get nasty.

And yes, didn't matter if Scott got the jump, Kye was winning that race.