knucklehead (Larry Pike) stole my money

knucklehead

No dog in this fight. However, by reading the post I would have to ask a couple of questions. (1) If part was received damaged, why didn't you just send straight back. (2) Why did you try to install a damaged part. I have a lot of dealings with Knucklehead over the past years. Have never thought I was taken advantage of in anyway. Was always upfront and honest with his work. I have bought a lot of parts and always opened the box when they arrived, checking for damage. Transportation companies DO NOT take care of your parts. Sorry if I upset anyone. This my .02 from the posts and pictures.

I saw Larry package the cluster and a saw it when it got returned.Its was definitely tampered with and return damaged by whoever....WTF

Re: Larry Pike

Hopefully this post will prevent members from getting screwed over in the future. His profile indicates that he runs some type of performance shop in Spring Hill Florida called Dominant Power Solutions. Based on my experience with him, I would be very afraid of Larry doing any kind of high dollar drivetrain work.

I can probably comment here best, as Larry has worked on my 87 GN completely, and by completely I mean complete motor, trans, interior, everything but the paint since October of last year and I can tell you without a doubt that Larry understands these cars, is an expert and is not been in the business of screwing anyone over. We're talking about a guy that calls me and says "hey I just noticed that the last owner who had this car replaced the wrong size screws in the dash, so I replaced them for you, free of charge. Or I noticed that the guy who did the paint for you forgot an area, so I sanded, and touched it up, again free of charge." Now Larry is not in the business to give away free services, but he has what few people let alone people with his experience level have and that is character a great work ethic and a solid person with morals and values.

When I read this post I was floored because I know him and without him my car wouldn't 10% of where it is today and I know without hearing anymore that there must have been a shipping issue or something else, because he represents the conditions of his parts truthfully.

I would suggest you call the shipping service as indicated in earlier posts.

Nick

No dog in this fight. However, by reading the post I would have to ask a couple of questions. (1) If part was received damaged, why didn't you just send straight back. (2) Why did you try to install a damaged part. I have a lot of dealings with Knucklehead over the past years. Have never thought I was taken advantage of in anyway. Was always upfront and honest with his work. I have bought a lot of parts and always opened the box when they arrived, checking for damage. Transportation companies DO NOT take care of your parts. Sorry if I upset anyone. This my .02 from the posts and pictures.

I didn't know the odometer was broken until after I had it in the car. If I could have known the odometer didn't work than it would have been sent straight back - I wouldn't have wasted my time with it.

guys, if larry is the guy you all say he is, which i have no doudt about it.
why for his reputation's sake alone, work something out with the guy.
sorry, not chooseing sides here but i feel a good guys rep- is not worth the couple of bucks they're argueing over. I know it's hard guys , believe me i sold my engine here last year, the car ran great! when i had it, but when the other guy got it he said he open'd it up and found metal in the motor? he showed me picks but how do i know that was my engine and not his which he originally blew-up??? so to avoid this same type of argument i did offer to send him back some cash.

I see larry is thought of highly, and thats great, we need guys like him working and taking care of our buicks, it's just ashame that this is all over what? $50 or $75 bucks ( i can't remember) we spend that much on race fuel
not reputations. my .02cents

When I read this post I was floored because I know him and without him my car wouldn't 10% of where it is today and I know without hearing anymore that there must have been a shipping issue or something else, because he represents the conditions of his parts truthfully.

Nick

The odometer did not work when he sent the package - that is not a shipping issue.

As for the other damage he claims happened, I sent him 2 PM's asking for him to clarify the damage - he ignored them. All I have are some blurry pictures which tell me nothing.

So by sending me a speedometer with a nonworking odometer was he "representing the condition of his parts truthfully"?

This is what happens when you deal with a "Knucklehead" lol! ha haa! I made myself laugh.:biggrin:

C'mon now. I would of given the guy back his money.... (that's just my opinion) Although I think at this point, it's too late. Both of you'se guys seem fiesty.

The right thing to do is to try and work it out though.... it's not worth it. We're talking about $75.00??

Later

I keep checking back to this post just to see if there are any pictures that are actually in focus and show something that's damaged. The pictures posted so far are useless.

I keep checking back to this post just to see if there are any pictures that are actually in focus and show something that's damaged. The pictures posted so far are useless.

I coulda swore I seen Jimmy Hoffa in one pic.

So I get a cluster for 75 bucks and its not stated that the O is not functioning and it will have to be swapped out, I am under the assumtion that its turn key.

I spend 2.5 hrs swapping then pulling it back out to troubleshoot, reinstalling, pulling back out each time i get a little more angry and careless at what I feel is a 75 dollar turd.

Finally I pull it back out after spending all day Saturday and drop kick it in a shoebox, toss some rocks in for good messure and return.

So where does the blame lie?

Not saying that you beat on it but I know if I spent all day troubleshooting what I thought was a turnkey product, Id be playing fetch with rover by the end of the day.

Dunno, good luck guys

Perspective...

In the movie "A Bronx Tale" the main character starts to chase a kid that owes him some money but continues to avoid him on site. He is stopped by the Mob Boss who explains that the money can be considered money well spent if that is what keeps the kid from ever coming around again. Knucklehead, U may want to be that kid thats out the money in this situation (in other words refund the 75 bucks) because $75.00 is not worth the headache and energy required to address the matter in this format. I have not decided in my opinion if ur the bad guy here or not but one thing for sure is if U refund the cash in full, theres no way anyone here would think ur bogus.

$75.00 can't even fill up the gas tank on my V6 SUV!!

This just sux! :mad: $75 can't even get me a massage with a "Happy Ending!!!" Arrrrggggggg!!!!:mad:

It's the principal of this thing! There's principalities involved!!!!!! ;)

Exactly.......I hate getting ripped off and this is the first time its happened to me on this forum. It's obvious I won't be getting my money back, but at the very least I can warn the rest of the community about dealing with this guy.

And you've done so.

If there are any more bad reports on him, it becomes a pttern and means a whole lot more. Sorry this transaction want badly for you.

Speak for yourself I just got a hand message for $40.00, now that's what I call negotiating!!!

At this point why don't you guys just split the $75 and call it even. Seems like a lot of drama and mixed communication for a pretty nominal amount.

And you've done so.

If there are any more bad reports on him, it becomes a pttern and means a whole lot more. Sorry this transaction want badly for you.

Funny you should mention this.....If you look in the Similar Threads box at the bottom of this post there is post titled "Knucklehead is Mentally Ill". Looks like he has ripped off one of the more respected members of the community. Look like a pattern to you?

Funny you should mention this.....If you look in the Similar Threads box at the bottom of this post there is post titled "Knucklehead is Mentally Ill". Looks like he has ripped off one of the more respected members of the community. Look like a pattern to you?

having fun yet ???? :smile: that post !!! o ya that was funny red regal thought i was some one else. john is a great guy. well thats over.
anyway do what u want !!!!!!! if 75 buck means risking my good name .
then so be it im not going to back down to a moron like u!
lots of others on her have had dealing with people like u in the past
and they gave in . sorry but i will not. i did nothing wrong

i offerd u a full refund + your shipping
but when i open a box full of peices let u know. and u do nothing about it
but put the blame on me !!!! u just want to slander me on this board

so take this post and have fun !!!!!!!!!!!

and thats all i have to say about that!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

but when i open a box full of peices let u know. and u do nothing about it

You still haven't shown us that it was damaged when you received it. You posted a couple of really out of focus pictures that I could only see chapstick and a lighter. You haven't shown any damage. Until you do, I've got to side with the other guy.