knock

ABLACK6

my scanmaster all looks good but soon as the turbo kicks in, SOON as- my knock sensor goes straight to red. I don't get it cause last year it ran perfect and it seems to still run great until turbo begins to kick in. Anyone got any ideas?

Check your fuel pressure regulator.... make sure the vacuum line going to it has not been compromised..... make sure you have fuel pressure that rises with boost...... rig you up something (squeeze bulb maybe) to put on the regulator while the car is not running, but the fuel pump is..... and squeeze it and see if the fuel pressure rises. Should rise at a 1:1 rate with positive pressure on the regulator.... i.e. 45 psi base fuel pressure + 10 psi on the line going to the top of the regulator should yield 55 psi fuel pressure.

My guess based on your problem description is a fuel issue.

Check your fuel pressure regulator.... make sure the vacuum line going to it has not been compromised..... make sure you have fuel pressure that rises with boost...... rig you up something (squeeze bulb maybe) to put on the regulator while the car is not running, but the fuel pump is..... and squeeze it and see if the fuel pressure rises. Should rise at a 1:1 rate with positive pressure on the regulator.... i.e. 45 psi base fuel pressure + 10 psi on the line going to the top of the regulator should yield 55 psi fuel pressure.
ok thanks, today i'm gonna reset the computer and just SEE if that might help. if not i might end up taking it somewhere. thanks

ok thanks. today i'm gonna reset the computer just to see if that helps. if now i might end up taking it somewhere.

If it was real knock it would show on the scanmaster and retard timing.
think i fixed it, i noticed that little c clip wasnt on the wastegate rod. i didnt have a extra so i rigged up something to hold it on and seemed to be the prob.

think i fixed it, i noticed that little c clip wasnt on the wastegate rod. i didnt have a extra so i rigged up something to hold it on and seemed to be the prob.
OHH and turbo was up to much, that is was the real prob