Knock

Live4Boost

Word
I am showing alot of knock on the knock gauge quite often. I can be sitting in park in the driveway and rev it up to about 4000 and it will show quite a bit of knock. Also while driving WOT it will show some knock but I am showing mid 800s on the scanmaster. I can turn the boost down and still show the knock. I have done quite a few searches on this and just wondered if anyone could tell me where to start.

Thanks,
Bob

Look for loose connections or cracks on your headers, xover, downpipe, etc. Also look to see if you are rocking the motor and hitting the downpipe, etc. Make sure no brackets bolts, etc are loose. Are you running stock motor mounts? Might be time to get a poly drivers mount.

Knock Knock?

Had similar problem. Changing boost didn't help. Knock sensor change fixed it.
Don't know what can go wrong, but it did. Good Luck

Sometimes when reinstalling them they do not get torqued to 14 ftlbs like they are supposed to. If overly tight I think it makes them more sensitive.

Hi,
Are you hearing any knock, or just seeing it on the gauge? False knock can be caused by a downpipe hitting,but if it displays when you rev it, probably not.Hook a scanner up and verify the situation.If it is indeed detonating,get ready for lots of fun eliminating it, at least on pump gas.

ok I will check into things hitting and loose parts, and no I dont hear the detonation. I run 110 all the time so I dont really see how it could detenate in park while building no boost. I will keep looking.

Thanks
Bob

Live4Boost said:
I am showing alot of knock on the knock gauge quite often. I can be sitting in park in the driveway and rev it up to about 4000 and it will show quite a bit of knock. Also while driving WOT it will show some knock but I am showing mid 800s on the scanmaster. I can turn the boost down and still show the knock. I have done quite a few searches on this and just wondered if anyone could tell me where to start.

Thanks,
Bob
for one thing i wouldnt be reving that motor to 4000 in park. second mid 800 is on the rich side that could be a rick knock try turning fuel pressure down a little or turn up your boost a little and make a run but lift when showing crazy knock. you should shoot for 770 to 790 o2's. also try checking torque convertor bolts and see if there loose also downpipe could be hitting mine was and put a dent in the header i got a strap and all is good.

110 all the time? With what boost level? Isn't it also true 110 with low boost can be troublesome as well?

ok i will check the converter, yeah I usually dont sit there and rev the car but the other day i revved it up a bit in park and seen the gauge light up and thats what started all of this. And it pry is running real rich, it is setup for 25lbs of boost but on the street I usually bump it down. I was unaware that there was rich knock, so that might be my whole problem right there. Espically in the driveway with virtually no boost. Thanks for all the responses.

Bob