knock sensor connector???

pdzz

fixing something
I have a classic FAST, I'm wiring in my stand alone harness, and can't find a knock sensor connector. Is this something I have to wire in? I bought it used, so no instructions. Thanks in advance. Phil.

I have a classic FAST, I'm wiring in my stand alone harness, and can't find a knock sensor connector. Is this something I have to wire in? I bought it used, so no instructions. Thanks in advance. Phil.

You will need a knock sensor along with the matching knock module and either a harness or at least the module and sensor plugs. The module has 5 pins of which 4 get used. My memory made be a little shady, but if you cut it out of a Buick harness:
Pink/black=12 volts switched
Black/white=ground
Yellow= esc wire on FAST harness
Blue=knock sensor

Thanks,Cal. So I need to use the factory ESC module? Wire it into the stand alone harness cavities? See you in NC. We'll chat. Thanks again, Phil.

Thanks,Cal. So I need to use the factory ESC module? Wire it into the stand alone harness cavities? See you in NC. We'll chat. Thanks again, Phil.
That would be easiest, just wire the yellow wire into pin "H1"

Well.. after some more investigating, looks like the injectors connector is missing from the harness and the wide band connector is male terminals, same as my sensor. Cal, are these connectors available thru you, or do I need to get a hold of Racetronix? Sorry for all the questions. I attached some pics of where I think the injector connector would wire in?? This is what you get when you buy used.. Phil.

ForumRunner_20120417_195555.png

ForumRunner_20120417_195621.png

Did you buy this from a Chinese rocket scientist?:confused:

Haha! Not Chinese, but he is Asian! I'm assuming he did some cutting. I have an XFI harness, should just bite the bullet, and get it from Cal. I'm trying to get this back together for the Nats... not looking good. Phil.

Your first picture looks like the module plug. If so, the two pink wires need to go to your C100 connector on the firewall to get 12v power when the key is in both the crank and run positions. The white wire also goes there to feed the tach signal into the car.

The second picture is real tough to tell what it is. If it is the O2 wires, then you just need an O2 extension harness to wire out to the WBO2 sensor.

If you do decide to get an XFI, you won't be disappointed