Knock Question

this might be a STUPID question, so no offense, but you say when coming out of a turn..are you sure it isn't your keys just rattling? Just a thought. Again, good luck.

Ok thanks. No pretty sure its not. I don't know how someone describes engine knock but Im positive that is what it is.

Does it matter if youre comming out of a left turn or right turn? Sounds crazy but maybe weak motor mout is letting downpipe hit somewhere?

No it was wrench tight. 14 ft/lbs is not that much, I don't know if that is the issue but possible.

As far as the vacuum leak situation goes, I just decided today to swap out my pcv valve from rjc to the stock one that was on it prior to the rjc. I did notice that the IAC number was in the upper 30's vs. the 00. BLM was the same value after the swap. I'm not sure if anyone will find anything from this... Still looking for any leaks that would spike the BLM value though. I might have to get a machine as mentioned to figure this out.
Is your scanmaster showing retard? A long belt can cause the tensioner to knock or a water pmp on the way out, could be anything. But........is it engine knock or ping? A properly torqued sensor will tell you and remove timing to help you not break your stuff.

broke
what exactly is ping?
knock is preignition, right?
what is ping and whst is cause?
you may have the answer to his cause of whst he is hearing.
which brings up a question
what does knock sound like to the ear versus ping?
thanks
joel

Preignition,detonation,or ping are the 3 things a person driving a turbo car should never hear. The knock sensor should pick it up before its audible. That is my point. What he is hearing may not be internal, but if the knock sensor is not torqued properly it cant distinguish the frequency as well. If he can hear it the knock sensor should have it at full retard. Put leaded in and see if it stops, turn the boost down, back the timing off, but not all at once. Hope I didn't confruse anyone just throwin ideas out.

all good i thought maybe ping and knock were two different things i am new to tuning
joel

Knock, detonation, and ping are the same thing, an engine that is detonating makes a metallic knock or ping sound.

Pre-ignition is different from knock, and is deadly to an engine. This is where the mix in the chamber ignites before the spark plug fires. The heat & pressure that is created will melt the piston very quickly.

RemoveBeforeFlight