knock issues

Two T's

Long Time member
have 86 ttype with 60lb inj stock motor upgraded v-springs,powerplate rjc boost controller,tt chip for 60's but was from a friend his car had ported heads and cam. Everything same running te45a getting knock only running15-16 lbs boost fuel pressure at 60lb wot and holds, threw 5gal of 110 race gas in a tank 1/2 full of 91 oc premum no change knock starts at about 10psi usually any sugestions good o2 sensor
Thanks tom:(

Does the knock keep going or is it just a quick blip & then goes away. Usually if it goes away quickly its something hitting or false knock like on the shift that some people get with old mounts etc.

Does your car have a Scanmaster? If so does it stay at atleast 780 at the top of 2nd and 3rd gear?

Also when the knock appears does it start small and increase? or do you just see a random big number out of nowhere?

What timing are you running in the chip? If you have a chip that's set up for 116 or Alky is could have too much timing in it for pump gas

What timing are you running in the chip? If you have a chip that's set up for 116 or Alky is could have too much timing in it for pump gas

Or if burned for alky you will be lean if you're not running alky.
What are you O2's when the knock starts and how much KR at what mph?

Or if burned for alky you will be lean if you're not running alky.
What are you O2's when the knock starts and how much KR at what mph?

usually been in drive I start at about 30-40mph and rool into throttle keep going to floor when car gets to about 10 psi boost start seeing knock on casper guage look at scanmaster about .5 to 1.0 o2 voltage usually about
750-780 if keep going to floor casper guage continues to climb into yellow was able to get to wot but casper guage kept climbing just before red got out of it o2 volts 839 knock 4.0 :eek: .so I went drove normal ran to 1/2 tank gas put 5 gallons 110 octane race gas same resultz but got out of it as soon as started to see knock as do not want to kill motor. As far as chip was set up for my friends car and was for same turbo 17 lbs boost pump gas same turbo inj, ect but he had ported heads and cam. Just talked to a friend he said maeby I need to put new fule pump in as when bought car just said hp fule pump who knows if it is or not. Dose this sound like the best way to go
Thanks guys for all input
Tom:cool:

If your O2 sensor is good, it most likely isn't the fuel pump since you had 839 O2's when you experienced knock. Adding 110 and not eliminating the problem would lead me to think something may be banging around.

If your O2 sensor is good, it most likely isn't the fuel pump since you had 839 O2's when you experienced knock. Adding 110 and not eliminating the problem would lead me to think something may be banging around.
Was talking to the guy ay my local speed shop he has a idea he thinks that maby my tt chip as i got it from my friend in tennassee as they have regular gas down there and we have 10% ethonal added to ours. and that being said it is oxeginating the air fule ratio and that even putting 110 race gas in still could have problems said that 110 has a different burn rate than say vp 116
I couldn't rember the exact way he explained it but that was the jist of it so do you guys think I should give eric a call about chip if so dose anybody have his phone #
thanks tom