'Knock' into 7#s +

xspetsnazx

Just had the motor rebuild, its .30 over, small cam (non roller), TT chip, ported heads, stock turbo at 14psi, 2600 l/u conv., power plate, the rest is stock. Is it normal for it to have knock at WOT without ALKY on 93 fuel? I've had a same set up minus the ported heads and I don't remember it ever geting a knock. So is it normal for it to get knock while the ALKY is not connected?

Is your chip burned for alky? Do you have a scan tool?

It is not the ALKY chip but it is burned with the mention of ALKY on my car when given to Eric. M. about 2 years ago. I wouldnt think it would make a difference since there is 2 options now when ordering a chip, it could be an ALKY chip & the pump gas with ALKY (which I originally have) I was just wondering if it could be because of the chip and I took off the ALKY and it would show the knock in such high #s. It drives great w/o knock unless I accelerate rapidly, before WOT it would show knock over 3#s. I do have a scan master.

at 70 mph here are the #s on S.M...
AF -- 25-26
LB -- 62-65
BAT -- 13.2
Int -- 125-132
bL -- 125
clt -- 168
AtS -- 99
r -- 2075
tPS -- 1.08-1.24
IAC -- 58-64
cc -- 190- 233
nAL -- 00

O2 multivolts (at the same speed) 601-503-542-472-574-593-554-644-410-484-500-328-734-789-796-816-277-562-757....

Well it doesn't look like you are leaning out. If you just had the motor rebuilt did they but on a new balancer? My car had the same problem with knock right when it went into boost (I was running alky). I would get knock at 15lbs. Come to find out the crank trigger wheel on my brand new BHJ balancer was 4deg advanced. I was running something like 26-27deg of timing and thought I was only running 22deg. Might want to confirm what your actual timing is.

Check that the knock sensor isn't over torqued. 14 ft/lbs.
You need to use the recall on the scanmaster to get your O2s at WOT when the knock occurs.

Well it doesn't look like you are leaning out. If you just had the motor rebuilt did they but on a new balancer? My car had the same problem with knock right when it went into boost (I was running alky). I would get knock at 15lbs. Come to find out the crank trigger wheel on my brand new BHJ balancer was 4deg advanced. I was running something like 26-27deg of timing and thought I was only running 22deg. Might want to confirm what your actual timing is.
No, used the same balancer that was there before, I will check with the timing, thanks Brian.

Check that the knock sensor isn't over torqued. 14 ft/lbs.
You need to use the recall on the scanmaster to get your O2s at WOT when the knock occurs.
I will double check on the knock sensor, and use the recall button next time I get knock @ WOT
Thank you.