Knock Gauge

I have a caspers Knock Gauge in my TTA, lately it hasent been working right. When I start the car it illuminates the first green light to the left and stays there until I get a knock, and then it will proceed up the rows of lights to indicate the degree of knock. In the past it used to reset itself to the green light in the center after startup and after a knock detection. Any ideas or help would be gladly appreciated.

Thanks Gary

I have a caspers Knock Gauge in my TTA, lately it hasent been working right. When I start the car it illuminates the first green light to the left and stays there until I get a knock, and then it will proceed up the rows of lights to indicate the degree of knock. In the past it used to reset itself to the green light in the center after startup and after a knock detection. Any ideas or help would be gladly appreciated.

Thanks Gary

That is weird, mine did the same thing for a while and then it stop doing it. I have noticed that when I nail my GN and if it spins the tires really bad, the light will go all the way to the RED. Now, if I nail it again with a rolling momentum, then it reads correctly. Meaning, no Yellow or Red light, what gives?...does tire spin makes it go LEAN?

Best way to assure it won't do this is to make sure you wire it to a switched fuse that turns off when cranking the engine.

The problem happens when it gets a false signal during startup. If the gauge is powered during start, it malfunctions many times.

Use an accsssory fuse like the radio fuse. This fuse is only hot in ACCY or RUN, not during start.

Hope this helps.

It has been so long since I installed it I cant remember what I hooked it up to. Do you know what the wiring diagram is for it. I can remember something about hooking up to a blue wire maybe?

Thanks gary