Knock Detector and a few other things.

I'm wanting to add a knock detector. Anyone out there know where i can get one? and if you do have one, what's your opinion on it?

I'm also wanting to have my turbo rebuilt and hogged out. Is this reccomended? Anyone have it done? and where could i have this done.

I also wouldn't mind getting rid of this turbo lag. What could I do to help this problem?

I think a knock detector is invaluable, but I don't know of anything for a non-ECM ESC. :( You could either adapt a later sensor/controller/gauge to work parallel to it, or get out the volt meter and see if any wires correlate to timing retard.

On the turbo, I've considered getting something done. I don't know if there are any of the new GT impellers that will fit the stock housings or not. Machineing the housings can be expensive. I would look to either Precision Turbo & Engine or Limit Engineering.

Can't get rid of the lag easily, but I would check ALL vacuum lines, the carb and the plenum heat. Problems tend to magnify the lag.

Well as far as the knock detector goes, i have the msd boost timing controller. So i want to be able to adjust that accordingly to what knock i may be getting.