Knock Detect System Not Working

cpac

CPAC
I have replaced knock sensor and esc module,,,,i have also checked pink wire for power OK black wire ground OK blue and yellow for continuaLIty OK i am very confused every time i do the standard bang on the block test at 1500 rpm no knock on scanmaster and no pulling back of timing i am stumped WHAT ELSE OR WHERE ELSE CAN THE PROBLEM BE

cpac said:
I have replaced knock sensor and esc module,,,,i have also checked pink wire for power OK black wire ground OK blue and yellow for continuaLIty OK i am very confused every time i do the standard bang on the block test at 1500 rpm no knock on scanmaster and no pulling back of timing i am stumped WHAT ELSE OR WHERE ELSE CAN THE PROBLEM BE
What torque setting did you use when you tightened the knock sensor....14 PSI I hope :)

Knock Detect

NO teflon or tape and no i did not drive car on street but i hit it pretty hard many times many places with a good sized hammer i should have seen some false knock i am running 25 psi boost 94 oct metanol inj ON THE STREET i can not afford detonation

Many people have reported not being able to record "knock" by banging on the motor.
I don't understand. You say you are running 25 pounds with 94 octane, but you haven't driven the car. :confused:

Knock Detect

SORRYwe have a misunderstanding....i have not seen any knock on my scanmaster all summer and found this funny ...soo i did the standard hammer on the block test.....still no readings on sm...soo i replace knock sensor and esc module ....check esc wireing to knock sensor and to computer in kik pad....i redid hammer test at 1500 rpm ...still no readings on sm or computer pulling timing

knock detect

SO are you saying the tap on the block test does not work then how can i test it hey i know slowly turn down my blue KNOB on my alky inj till i here detonation or see white smoke in the rear vieu mirror HEHE

Sorry. I see you have a Scanmaster. Do all of the other functions work on your SM? You just don't see any kr?

Knock Detect

thats right no kr on sm and sm is working properly on other modes i will be going to the track this week and will keep my wide band af at about 11,2 ...to be safe what do you think chris THANKS

I'm experiencing the exact same problem...

Please update if you figure out what it is... I'll do the same if I find my problem first. :cool:

Knock Detect

i have hammered the block at different spots and at different rpms....not a flicker from sm or a change in rpm as if ecm was pulling back timing?????NEXT LOGICAL STEP try a new ecm any thoughts out there

Here's a sure way to check the knock sensor:

Use a 3/8 in. ratchet extension, about 18 in. long. At the rear of the engine, with the engine running, rap the base of the knock sensor, where it attaches to the block. You don't need to hit it too hard, as you are right at the sensor location.

That will show you knock counts on your scan tool, and will increment the LED's on the knock gauge.

-John

Knock Detect

WOW...you hit the sensor on the head ..a slight tap with a 18 inch extension gave me .2kr..a little harder and harder went up to 5 kr on sm...but what about the tapping of the block test ...I REALLY BANGED..is this test useless I THANK YOU MR.SPINA FOR SAVING ME LOTS OF AGGREVATION