knock at part throttle

iamjeff

next gen buick enthusiast
after i put my CAS front mount on, the car sounds almost like it is having compressor surge at part throttle when im building ~8 lbs of boost. it statrs "chirping" and all that just as if i let out of throttle under high boost. the scanmaster is also showing that im getting knock when it does this. anywhere between 2-12 degrees! also, the boost will start jumping up and down while it is doing this (+ or - ~3# or so). has anyone else experianced this before? it didnt do this when i had the stock intercooler on. my mods are in my sig. thanks for any advice.

-jeff

Are the pipes cotacting the sway bar or anything which might be picked up as "noise" and tripping ESC? Compressor slam may be more prevalent with a better flowing intake system. Thats not surge for whatever its worth. Surge is when it sounds kinda like that at low throttle openings.. like my 63 at 5psi surges. Its nature of the beast as the turbo isnt spinning fast enough and the engine isnt ingesting enough air for the turbo to sustain a constant speed. (extremely short explanation)

iamjeff said:
after i put my CAS front mount on, the car sounds almost like it is having compressor surge at part throttle when im building ~8 lbs of boost. it statrs "chirping" and all that just as if i let out of throttle under high boost. the scanmaster is also showing that im getting knock when it does this. anywhere between 2-12 degrees! also, the boost will start jumping up and down while it is doing this (+ or - ~3# or so). has anyone else experianced this before? it didnt do this when i had the stock intercooler on. my mods are in my sig. thanks for any advice.

-jeff
Try not to do the part throttle thing,either get into it or stay out of it .Your pumping air into the motor at part fuel enrichment will lead to issue you deal with . Air backs up inside your intake system and cause turbo discharge .good luck