knife vs. gun

I carry a benchmade switchblade with me everywhere. The only time I don't have a switchblade on me is when I'm sleeping...As far as knives go, you will not find a finer blade than the benchmade knives. They're made in Oregon City, OR. They are a little pricey but well worth the money.

Welcome | Benchmade
I have a custom one of these Microtech Knives - Home . Persoanlly I think they craftsmanship is second to none as far as an OTF knife goes. This guy below is authorized by Microtech to customize these knives with all different types of blade options and accessories such as carbon fiber and titanium.

http://www.marfionecustomknives.com/home.html

http://www.marfionecustomknives.com/creations.html

i thought they were illegal?

Every state is different. It's legal to carry open in OR, but not concealed. I'm also a federal police officer and can carry it in any state concealed, or onboard any interstate flight. :smile:

Hmm idk if it worries you then move...thats what i did well actually thats what my dad did lol.. No reason to stay in a neighborhood that goin to hell in a handbasket..But id tint my windows limo if i were you and if its 3am and you are on a side street do the rollin stop on redlights...
Pay attention to your surroundings a car jacker tries to catch you off guard (slippin in hood terminology) ride with a friend or two,ride in a group if you are goin to watch street racing in a rough neighborhood...
Make sure ur car is fast enough to get away if someone is tailing you or tryin to run you off the road... My old codriver used to have a ram air ws6 trans am bright red some guys chased him in a suburban after following him around downtown detroit..He bent a few corners and hit the freeway and got pulled over doin 120 by the state troopers...They wrote him for speeding a wreckless driving and didnt beleive his story.......but he took it to court told the judge what happened the judge asked to cop is that what he told you? The cop said yes i think so but i dont really remember the incident..judge threw the tickets out....
Dont fall for the opps i bumped you get outta your car cause we had an accident trick either...

If you got a garage get something else to drive on a regular basis and bring out the regal when its nice out...I carry a smith and wesson swat legal legnth knife too...

it was a M1 garand which is alot more power then the 45. talk about a closed casket funeral.

Yes, I realize that, but good luck carrying around an M1 Garand in a Ttype and trying to shoot someone who is at your door trying to carjack ya! :wink: Using a rifle for car defense is not very practical. My point was that you don't want to confront somebody when all you have is a knife. :wink:

I guess to be true to Clint I should have suggested a .44 mag, but I didn't want the thread starter to put a dent in his roof from the kick of a .44.

I carry a benchmade switchblade with me everywhere. The only time I don't have a switchblade on me is when I'm sleeping...As far as knives go, you will not find a finer blade than the benchmade knives. They're made in Oregon City, OR. They are a little pricey but well worth the money.

Welcome | Benchmade

If you choose to carry a gun that is your own personal preference. Only you can make that decision. You'll have to consult your local popo to find out what the rules are for carry in WA state. I can say this, however. It's not just a matter of strapping on a gatt. You have to practice, understand the state laws, local ordinances, train some more, and be prepared to do what is necessary when using that tool. If you are not willing to commit the time and energy, and understand the great responsibility that comes with carrying a concealed weapon, then please don't.

x2 , i used to carry the AFO (armed forces only) model by benchmade, it was a very nice knife.
but don't leave it in plain sight- someone smashed my window and stole it while i slept one night many years ago.

as i said your young, wouldn't want you to get a felony at that age or any age for that matter. your car isn't worth your life, sure you love it and they are hard to come by but another chance at life won't happen. just take our advice and talk to the local PD so you know the rules but if i remember correctly you can carry a shotgun in your car loaded up. also you may look into auto locking alarms if you don't already have one. they'll lock the doors when you turn the ignition on. helps if you have someone at your door trying to open it and it's locked, it's another problem if they already have the gun point at you through the window. there are alot od people wjp want something for nothing but you should always be aware of your surroundings at all time. you got alot to learn and as this world gets worse maybe you;ll become of age to protect yourself with a pistol. i don't condone taking a life but the way i see it's either you or them going home that night. make smart decisions and surround yourself with people you can trust.

yeah... ur right... then again Im getting Hagerty Insurance, HELLO 10 GRAND IF STOLEN:biggrin::biggrin:

OK kid. A car or a safe aint worth your life. I did my time in the USAR MP Corp and can tell you more than you want to hear.:eek: If you're willing to take the training then join up and take the punishment.:eek::biggrin: I did and don't regret one minute.:biggrin: When I walk into a bank the first thing notice is the posistion of the guards and where the cameras are.:eek: It's SOP if you've been in kid. Then you take a look at exit options so you can get the h@ll out of there if something happens. I HATE cqb because of what can happen.:eek::(

I dont know... I can be soft at times... plus thats one of my charms with the girls... Not to sound like a punk B****

dude if your soft you need to make a choice

I dont know... I can be soft at times... plus thats one of my charms with the girls... Not to sound like a punk B****

make some adjustments to your car such as auto locking alarm when you start your car or something that'll give you a piece of mind when it comes to shooting someone if it comes down to it. your young and it would be waisted youth if you go to prison for carrying a gun or shooting someone and the jury doesn't see it your way. it's really a tough call because different situations call for different things. I can honestly say is get some good insurance that will pay you top dollar for your car that you'll be satisfied with because your car isn't worth your life. i know alot of us put time effort and blood into our cars not including money and it sucks when some low life wants to take it because they think we're easy prey. just think about your options and you do have a nice car and it would suck if something happened to you or anyone regardless of who you are or what car you have because they live a life of crime. as a CHL holder i always have some sort of piece of mind but i also keep my eyes out for someone who may want something more then just to check out my car. hope this helps and if you do have to pluck down extra money for top dollar insurance that'll pay you what your car is worth then go that route. Just take some time to think it through, taking a life weighs heavily on anyone who does even law enforcement.