Kirbans Performance new aluminum reproduction brake drums

achalmersman

Just wanted to say thanks to Dennis at Kirbans Performance for working diligently to bring this awesome new reproduction part to market. I was the lucky individual that won his contest and received a new set of these drums this week. This is a very nicely made part. I will attach some photos of the new drum now and could provide reference photos to used cleaned up drums if wanted but right now I don't have the used ones in my hand. Thanks again Dennis!!
ff23cd3d0ee44ad2504e9f0244349e12.jpg
d04f817a24b02f083da74767dadf6100.jpg

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

I don't know pricing yet however I am sure if you email him you will get any answers you need.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

In his last newsletter he said he was waiting for the next batch to come in as all the preordered ones (myself included) had shipped. I think the price is $239.00 plus shipping for a set.

Very nice! Do you know how much is a set? I don't see them on his website.

I appreciate the kind words...project was over a year in the workings...the way it happened I first approached two other major big players both tried in vain but had no luck to get them made. I just could not fathom how this would be such a tough project to make.

I have a very good close relationship with A1 Cardone and have been buying direct from them for over 10 years...which is very unusual for a small mail order company like myself. They sell mostly to stores and GM

I approached them even though they make no brake drums at all......what played in my favor is the other project I convinced them to do was the brake bowl for the powermaster units which many of you have bought from us and has been a huge seller. That was done about 6-7 years ago. Matter of fact someone is driving a WE4 purchased form us that has the very first brake bowl on it.

Basically I am an idea person A1 cardone provided the $$$$$ and supplier....It is not on our website as of yet because I sold out of all the sets that Cardone got in initially last month. The only company that has some in stock right now is Mikes Monte and he only has a few sets as I could not fill his entire order.

I do a free weekly Inner Circle email to customers and those people were aware of the aluminum drums and got a special presale price if they paid before I got stock...

The retail price is $234.95 per set plus shipping. I am waiting on word from A1 Cardone when we can expect the next shipment. One reason its not on our website as of yet. We have a exclusive with Cardone for a period of time for me supplying the idea.

Its kinda of funny the aluminum brake drums is perhaps one product that needs very little explanation as we all know the benefits of them.....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

As the initial post shows some contests pays good dividends!!!!

I gave Dennis high praise for his aluminum brake drum project, but posted it in the wrong section. (of course:rolleyes:)
But they are so well made, just beautiful....Dennis did such a great job getting this project off the ground and into production. Hat's off to Dennis.

Bruce '87 Grand National

hello people; So how much weight does it save you over stock? Does aluminum let you stop better? I guess it cools faster for better braking? I'd like to know all the benefits.
IBBY

kirban update we expect to have more of them around the 10th of September...

My facts are at work as to weigh savings. they appearently came mostly on non posi cars.. several benefits lighter, disapaite heater better and won;t look rusty in a few months behind your high dollar alloy wheels...

anytime you can lighten the car the better performance you can get.....

one definate theory Corvette designers have remembered as they keep that weight fairly constant over the years. Usually around 3200 lbs.

I bought them the first day they were out, they look great but I have not installed them yet waiting to refinish the GTA rims