Kirbans DS header

blackmonte

New HP Technology !!!
I just got my new DS header to replace the cracked stock header and I have an exhaust leak from the collector to crossover, looks like the stock piece is slightly oval? The new header is round. Anybody use this header? Also Kirban said that no manifold gasket is needed?Like the factory header?

no gasket like they said .. try some goop on the crossover and let it cure overnight .. might work ..:cool:

Goop? I tried the grease method with no luck I can put my hand near the connection and there is a huge leak. A friend said I need to use Kirbans cross over pipe?Would a thin ceramic round gasket work like what are on some GM cast iron manifolds? I had them on my 96 impala ss thanks for any help

Goop? I tried the grease method with no luck I can put my hand near the connection and there is a huge leak. A friend said I need to use Kirbans cross over pipe?Would a thin ceramic round gasket work like what are on some GM cast iron manifolds? I had them on my 96 impala ss thanks for any help

Get me the old header and I'll weld it up. PM me if interested.

I welded the header but too much heat warped the flange. Tig welded it instead of mig welded it I should have known better being a certifield Pipefitter welder .I try to keep all stock parts on this car in plastic bags just in case I want to return it to stock thanks.:cool:

Just got off the phone with Tony at Poston . He said I do need a flat copper manifold gasket and to loosen the other side going to the PS header and try to line it up . But I probably will just get the 2 piece crossover . So just beware if anyone buys this header. thanks for all the help Thanks Tony