kirbans aluminum maf pipes.. too long..

Turbo6Smackdown

I just threw a kirban aluminum maf pipe on the car, and now, my 9" cone filter is nowhere NEAR going to fit back in there now. This pipe, (it didnt look like it at all) has got to be a whole 3" longer than my other chrome steel one. Anyone have this problem? Now i GOT to run a cold air kit. FU**... if its not one thing its another. My car is really going to be layed up now.. :(
This things killin me here. Problem after problem... I cant wait for the summer ....

My aluminum pipe was too long also. I believe they that are that way to run mafless. Just cut it. It'll fit just fine.

Mark

oh i know WHAT can cut it, was just wondering how i would do it in a professional manner, without scratching it, or makin the cut all sloppy and uneven.

oh i know WHAT can cut it, was just wondering how i would do it in a professional manner, without scratching it, or makin the cut all sloppy and uneven.

If it were me, I would:

Cut it by hand with a hacksaw to ensure I didn't burn the hell out of it or mess up the cut. Then I would put it on my belt sander for a few seconds, that's the easiest/cleanest way.:cool:

Maybe a dremmel with a cutting wheel? I love mine and it works well.

The K&N will overlap the cut by 1/2 inch or so right? Don't worry tooooo much about the cut just try to keep it perpendicular to the pipe and then sand the edge a little to get rid of burs.

FU**... if its not one thing its another. My car is really going to be layed up now.. :(
This things killin me here. Problem after problem... I cant wait for the summer ....

Many years ago I had the same feelings and attitude. I used to get sooooo pissed when something didn't fit as I assumed it should. And it seemed like it was with every part I bought. Or that once you had bought this part then you had to have another one to complement it.

Over the years I changed my attitude.

Now when I get a part AND IT FITS I rejoice and think I'm so lucky.

It's so much easier on my head now that I accept that NOTHING WILL FIT and it'll require a BFH. :)

I just threw a kirban aluminum maf pipe on the car, and now, my 9" cone filter is nowhere NEAR going to fit back in there now. This pipe, (it didnt look like it at all) has got to be a whole 3" longer than my other chrome steel one. Anyone have this problem? Now i GOT to run a cold air kit. FU**... if its not one thing its another. My car is really going to be layed up now.. :(

is it hitting the fuel canister? if so lower it to the frame and bolt it there between the fenderwell and the power steering pump. or get yourself a ls1 mass air because it is smaller in length.

GNjay,

If you or anyone else is interested in the "ORIGINAL" "TINMAN" Cold-air kit, give me a call @ # 586-939-2410 or Email @ tylkometal@prodigy.net. I can answer any questions you might have to assure that you get the correct set-up. And it WILL fit correctly.
And no, Gbodyparts does NOT sell "TINMAN" Cold air kits.....(yet)

Happy Holidays!
Al

there ya go, al himself. Hes the man.

yea, im going to cut this pipe down. and an LS1 maf? yea, i wish i had the money lol.

Tony....when you get the $$$ go for the new MAF and the cold air kit. You will LOVE it.

How are you going to cut the pipe?