KIRBAN REQUEST

Kirban Update

We are already accumulating the parts to do the hydroboost kit complete. We will first be offering what would be the basic low end kit that has been talked about here. By low end I mean going with a rebuilt 84 set up new hoses, rebuilt mc both new pressure hoses, metal T, 4 foot hose, 6 clamps etc. Our kit will be very complete it will even include a new reproduction foam precut gasket to replace the factory one from pm bracket to firewall. Afterall yours is probably crushed from 25 years. Also a syringe to drain out the brake fluid etc. Also an in line fltlter for the return line. It seems its critical to keep any debris out of the fluid. Ideally you could remove it after a few months and replace that hose if you felt the filter hindered flow.

We should be able to come in around $235 complete. This specific kit will include items that others do not offer. Keep in mind this kit as been noted requires some gentle massaging of one of the pressure lines and you have to gently bend your two brake lines at the reservoir as they are in reverse order from your current pm unit. Again based on what I have reads thus far. In otherwords a bit of skill is required to do the install. However our kit will include all the parts needed to do it. You need to bring the skill. Rebuilt parts will have a warranty.

I am also looking at going with all the above mentioned items but instead of a rebuilt 1984 hydroboost unit going with a brand new one. This would be a few dollars more of course. Also require a special bracket.

At the same time since we will now have some 1984 parts we will offer the 2 pressure lines by themselves for 84 owner as well.

Last but not least would be another version where hydroboost and master cylinder etc was all brand new.

In other words when its all said and done we should have a system available for various price ranges. I confident though at the low end I can be cheaper than rock auto auto zone etc....mainily because I buy direct as a company from Cardone and others.

I GREATLY appreciate all the posts and help especially from Texas T as my knowledge on this format is non existant.

Real quick we will have the pm bracket foam gasket to firewall shortly. This foam gasket preformed will run about $6 each.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

The only skill required is unbolting the old unit from the firewall and bolting on the HB. I became very intimate with the under side of the dash. I think I bought that inline filter from Autozone. I was very glad I didn't have to change the brake pedal! The price under $300 sounds like a bargain.

Dennis, let me know when you get the foam. I would like one asap.

Thanks
Brent

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Dennis, let me know when you get the foam. I would like one asap.

Thanks
Brent

Actually I got extra one now I could do it priority mail if by paypal for $12 total to your door. my paypal is denniskirban@yahoo.com
after this it would be thru the company once we assign it a prt number etc.

Keep in mind out of the $12 almost half is for postage..

denniskirban@yahoo.com

The only skill required is unbolting the old unit from the firewall and bolting on the HB. I became very intimate with the under side of the dash. I think I bought that inline filter from Autozone. I was very glad I didn't have to change the brake pedal! The price under $300 sounds like a bargain.

If my memory is correct you reside in the Chicgao area. if so will you have the car at the chicago event for me to see it. I believe a filter is critical at least initially to stop any debris in the system from getting into the hydro unit....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I am trying to get various brake pedals just got the two wrenches that will do the trick other trick is to only get ones where the column is already out of the car in the yard...too old to mess with the difificult ones..

denniskirban@yahoo.com

If my memory is correct you reside in the Chicgao area. if so will you have the car at the chicago event for me to see it. I believe a filter is critical at least initially to stop any debris in the system from getting into the hydro unit....

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Yes I'll be there. We can install the gnx trunk lid liner there. Do I need to bring the velcro or is that included?

Do the 84 hydroboost have some type of accumulator...to have asst brakes if the car stalls..etc?
Or is that only the aftermarket and newer style hydroboost?

Accumulator I have an 84 unit installed in mine and it does not come with one but I've seen the Hydratech units come with an accumulator.

Anyway to add accumulator to an existing 84 setup?

Dennis when and where are you coming to Chicago? Sure would be an honor to meet you.

will all the parts be available separately for 84 and 85 owners that need service parts? NAPA used to have all the PS fluid lines listed, but last time i checked they didn't..

kirban update:

Trying to get things rounded up. First we will be offering the parts individually for owners that have a 1984-1985 with the stock hyro-boost system. Meaning both hard metal pressure lines rebuilt hydro boost unit, gasket to firewall, 2 versions of a master cylinder. The cheaper version would be early 80s Buick meaning it has a slanted plastic reservoir. The newer version master cylinder would be the 1977-82 Corvette style which is all cast looking. More modern so to speak.

These items should be up on our website next week.

If you need any of these items email me direct as I can give you prices as I have several of the above mentioned items already in stock.

We will have other options available also.

One option wil be everything in a kit form for the highly skilled individual that wants to put the hydroboost kit into a 1986-1987 turbo regal. Kit would be complete as far as parts go the skill comes in based on you being able to bend the one pressur eline that has been noted in this thread to make it fit.

Concerning master cylinders the Buick one we have the two brake lines remain in the same order as the pm unit. The Corvette one requires you to reverse the two lines at the mc. The one inlet on the pm towards the front of the car is larger than the rear inlet reason this modification would ned to be done. Also always use a specific line wrench to avoid rounding off the nuts. Again we do not a pr ice as of yet on the entire kit.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I'm in need of this now, ready to buy. I am very interested in the all new option depending on the price difference. How much longer before you have all the pricing?