King of the Hill @ Farmington

darb

Went to Farmington Dragway tonight (1/8 mile track) to see the King of the Hill shootout. Some very quick cars there. Saw all of the qualifying rounds then the rain started and I took off. But not before seeing Rickie Smith lay down a 4.1 @ 176 mph:eek: :eek: :eek: That was wicked to watch!

Did you see my "redneck buddies" (I hate to claim them!) in the blown alcohol red '69 Camaro? I think he was having clutch problems by his 4.95, 3rd place qualifying position.

darb where are u from???

I was there too :). Im the announcer there, we didnt have the turnout that we expected,however, this was our 1st event are probably going to move it to the 3rd friday of the month to try to increase spectator count. come up to the tower and say hi the next time ur out that way. we are going to have Pro Mods there saturday. Hope 2 see u

sydwyndr,

I am from Greensboro. I left early because of the rain coming in. Did the race get called off? I will try to hook up with you next time I come to the dragway. Was that your Syclone that was running?

Brad

Will they finish that race on the next King of the Hill Shootout or is there another rain date? Not sure how the rain policy goes there. Do you announce all the races? Would be nice to watch some of the races from the tower. Later

Brad