Crushing Spirits Of The Unsuspecting...

Azrial89

Coming home from dinner tonight with my two friends in the Buick, Instead of taking the freeway back home, we took t0 the streets looking for some fun. As I took a left on to a main drag, I noticed a Chrysler Conquest making a right on to the same road and he wanted to get all up in my business. I was leading and about a mile down the road we took a left on to a side street that led back towards the freeway. As I turned down this road, a Mustang GT was in front of me, as I followed him, the Conquest passed me sputtering his blow off valve as he pulled in front. As we reached the freeway, the Mustang continued onto the on ramp and the Conquest pulled into the gas station, I decided to continue on to freeway. I heard him screaming through the gas station to catch me, I entered the freeway at about 50-55 I saw him pull up behind me, Ryan (sitting in the back) reminded me friendly "your in over drive!" as he finished his sentence, the Conquest started his move and I was a second behind, I downshifted and it was a foot race. We had open freeway for a whole mile... I pushed the Buick the hardest I have ever pushed her. Cal (sitting shotgun) was my gauge man monitoring and exclaiming words of encouragement! My speedometer needle broke off months ago, plus I have the 85mph speedo, so I had no clue how fast I was going. As we climbed in speed,I sat dead even with the little minion that was the Conquest. I brought the motor near red line and shifted up and still hanging dead even. As we reached (best we could guess) 110 I started reeling him in and I saw him looking back at me checking my position, as he saw I was gaining on him, and starting to pass at roughly 120-130 he slammed on the brakes... I know I scared him, because as we exited, he used this opportunity to "RICE" me and go after the Mustang. He was expecting an easy win and the Buick Had other plans. Now he wanted to pick on the naturally aspirated little Moostang. I was proud of the her tonight, Not a clear victory, but more of an education that was delivered in the way of a Buick bitch slap to the confidence of this driver. All the advice I hear about street racing tells me not to race from a roll but to race from the dig. But that's the problem... these Riceronies refuse to go from the dig, its all about the roll for them. So me and the Ol' Girl will adapt... we will adapt and overcome! We have big plans and we are going places!!!

I'll bet if you were alone,you would have done much better. I find that there is a difference when I have extra weight. I never like it when I have a car-full of people and someone tries me.

Well done.

Very Nice........High-five!

images

Good story.

I'd bet Mean Chicken hunts alone and his car carries no excess weight.

When I have somebody who wants to run from a roll and I think it might be a real race, I drop mine into 2nd and start building boost by using the brakes for resistance and pushing the throttle down. If the guy gets cute and tries to burn you down, leave first and let the MOFO try to catch you.:)

If I'm in third and hammer mine under 80, it downshifts and the drive line shock is VERY harsh.

I agree, if I would have been alone I'm positive I would have done much better. While I was getting on the freeway, I was in OD and once he made his move I shifted into D or third and the cars rpms rose and as I hammered it, it dropped to second. I like to manually bring it down to D first rather then have the lag in OD down to second

I agree, if I would have been alone I'm positive I would have done much better. While I was getting on the freeway, I was in OD and once he made his move I shifted into D or third and the cars rpms rose and as I hammered it, it dropped to second. I like to manually bring it down to D first rather then have the lag in OD down to second
Nice race, but why the downshift? Ive always raced it in OD and was told that manually dropping down to D THEN romping it is super destructive to the trans? IDK Ive never tried it - I have enough transmission issues as-is to test internet theories on my trans... :confused: Conquests can be evil though - theres a local one thats gone deep into the 12s and is gunning for 11s this year. :eek:

You guys have all the fun lol . I live in a small town and EVERYONE knows my car here so the only chance I have is unsuspecting out of towners hahahaha

***STORY UPDATE***

Yesterday I was driving on I-10 through Tucson and low and behold, guess you drives up next to me??!! Yep, the same red conquest. We were cruising along at about 70 and he refused to look over at me or acknowledge I was there. When he finally got next to me I heard the downshift... I thought to myself, I'm not letting you get the jump on me again, and I pedal mashed like nobody's business and she down shifted and screamed. I did not even get into WOT and I heard him chugging away trying to catch up. My buddy was in his car behind us and he watched this gosh damn epic struggle unfold. It was over at 105mph and he never caught up, he eventually got up next to me again and have me the big thumbs up. I doubt he is gonna want to mess around again ;)

Nice. There was a conquest around Chicago That a Mitsu 2.0 turbo in it . I saw it near Archer ave and the guy said it went low tens. It moved out pretty good. I had a stock Eclipse Gsx and didnt stand a chance. I know Bushir did some conversions on those cars but I never saw one.