Killed a 454SS pick-up

TurboBuRick

Staff member
Pulled out of the house last night for a little ride. Before I got out of the neighborhood I see a 454ss truck cruise by up the road. I wasted no time. Came up to the intersection, turned left and got behind him. Was a real nice looking truck. Things I noticed right away was a monster tach on the dash and the chrome rear end cover. He was cruising with a Buddie, I was solo.
So we come up to the stop sign in the hood and turn right on to the main road. Its a nice new 4 lane road so this was it. He turns right and gets over to the left lane. I turned and took the right lane. I could tell he was callin me out. He gave a couple revs of the motor and it was on. I nailed it. Tires started breakin but it pulled like a freight train. Before he could dump his clutch I was gone. :eek: Could imagine what he was tellin his Buddie. I tried to slow up once I finished my 11. sec pass and he would not come near me.

I love it! ;)

I think you could've taken the turbo off and still beat him.:biggrin: I think they were a mid 15 sec truck when they came out
D

Its one thing to beat someone with a suped up car/truck. Its awesome when you beat them with their friends or girlfriends in the car. I can only imagine what they say. "he's probably got 100 grand into that thing" lol.

I think you could've taken the turbo off and still beat him.:biggrin: I think they were a mid 15 sec truck when they came out
D

lol.. nice one Rick

Its one thing to beat someone with a suped up car/truck. Its awesome when you beat them with their friends or girlfriends in the car. I can only imagine what they say. "he's probably got 100 grand into that thing" lol.

Thanks guys it was fun even if it was only a 15 sec truck. lolo :biggrin:

so rick how does the trans feel since you got it back from jimmys

Well, I went to take it out last night for a cruise and noticed something like a knocking sound while under light throttle cruising in 3rd and 4th. Went straight home to investigate. Jacked it up, inspected drive shaft and torque converter bolt and all is good.
Put the rear end up on stands and started it up. Put it in gear and ran it up to about 40 mph. As soon as it gets into third its something inside the trans is knocking. This is my luck. I sh!t u not. I was on vacation last week and my main objective was to drive the car and go to the dyno day. I could not of asked for nicer weather. During that week off it was perfect. Second day of vaca I blow the trans (Thursday). To make things worse no billet drum any where in Chicago. WTF The mf'n heart of the USA and the part has to ordered. What a crock of sh!t. So dyno day was out. So Jimmy second day's it on Fri. and comes in on Tues. So let's see here, my vaca started Thursday. That means I go back Wed. Jimmy calls me Tues. at 3:30PM. How nice.
So I make the journey up north in rush hour traffic and get back at 7:30pm. Went right to work on installing. By 10:00 I was ready to roll. Started it up, toped off the fluid and pulled it out the garage. As soon as I got on the road it started raining. I tell you what someone does not like me. I did get one little blast and all seemed well. But it started raining more so I took it home. It rained for the next three days, Wed, Thurs, Fri. Finally yesterday (Sat) the weather gets nice. I had to work and get one of our car washes running. Just finished installing new 5 bay self serve equipment and had to finish wiring running lines. We did good. started on Wed. when I came back. Had all new eqpt. running Sat by noon. This whole time I'm looking forward to getting my azz home and in the car. It was 72f and beautiful day. If it wasn't for bad luck I would have NONE!

I do believe those trucks were TH400 and the latest year being a 700r4. No dumping the clutch:smile:

A kill is a kill right, if he is game to run you then he should have brought more to the plate. Next time you run into that guy, let em know youve got a lil o 6 in the car and he might be interested in buying one in the future...
BW

A lot of those guys think they're fast, but really aren't. When they first came out with the Syclone, they refused to advertise the Sy's because they beat them by over 2 seconds in the 1/4 mile and this with there famous 454 engine. In all the advertisement posters the Sy's are in the back and the 454SS' are in the front. Way to put him in his place. Those things have been destroyed by turbo 6's since the day they were born.