Killed 2 SRT 4's at once

tsaltario

Still learning!!!!!
The other night, was driving home from the Gym, stopped at the lights, had a PT cruiser or something beside me. Just cruisin, so wasn't flooring the car.

Get past the PT, and before I knew it, 2 SRT 4's come whizzing by me, started to do a ricer fly-by, but slowed down and paced me. Gave him the crooked smile, and a nod, each flooring it, then slowing down, neither of us wanted to race from a roll. The red on in the lead, with a silver one behind him.

We're coming up on a light, no traffic in front of us, red light. PERFECT.....

Until the light turns green :mad: We were doing about 20KPH when the light turned, so we both just hammer on it. I lit it up, and pulled about a length and a half on him, and pulled till about 130KPH before I backed out. Looked back, and he was right there, keeping up with me! (Both of them actually!)

I gave em a thumbs up, and turned off. (Had to get home anyways!)

I'd seen the red car out at the track before, he was pulling low 12's, those cars are pretty impressive! but not enough :cool:

Those cars are quick when modified, someone I went to school with had a SRT-4 and let's just say his family didn't have money troubles, it was full Mopar Stage 3 modified. Couldn't even keep up with him.

Nice kills, those cars must have been pretty modded to keep up with your TE45 GN.

Too bad those cars now look like ass, they could have competed against the Evo's with some tweaks from Dodge like AWD.

My bud has one with the mopar stage 3 kit a lil thicker IC, CAI and exh with slicks it runs 11.70's at 117.. No joke

i also think the new caliber srt 4s are some of the ugliest cars available on the market today. even though the old neon-based ones did somewhat resemble a skittle, they were decent looking. calibers are just plain fugly... in the same league of fugliness as the pontiac asstec. i guess they have higher HP now, but they are bigger and heavier. more of a crossover suv than anything, i guess.

it's amazing what the srt-evo-and subaru's can do with only 4 cylinders.
good kill:cool:

if you think the SRT 4's run well. the mitsu 4g63 in the eagle talons, eclipse, lasers, can be a hand full too when done right!

my eagle talon has 156k on it and with a 16g turbo( stock evo turbo) k/n air filter, and a old spearco FMIC. and stock exhaust downpipe and a cut lead off pipe , a tuneable ecm. i made 270hp 276TQ spinning the tires on the dyno, 16psi of boost pump gas. not bad for a 2 liter.

My next plan for the car is to get a 3inch down pipe and a real cat back exhaust.

the stock downpipe for these car are 2 inch pipes from turbo to muffler.

People talk about these little "4"s now the way they talked about our little "6"s in the 80s.
Well......almost. ha ha

launching the FWD turbo cars is a PITA. this is where the buick has the advantage. If you would have gone from a roll you would have been really surprised.

I also do know that real racing is from a dead stop. :)

My eagle talon goes like hell from about 20 mph anything less than that it's torque steer from it spinning the tires like crazy. but it's fun to drive to be a ****box :)

launching the FWD turbo cars is a PITA. this is where the buick has the advantage. If you would have gone from a roll you would have been really surprised.

I also do know that real racing is from a dead stop. :)

My eagle talon goes like hell from about 20 mph anything less than that it's torque steer from it spinning the tires like crazy. but it's fun to drive to be a ****box :)

Is the 4g63 the 1st gen? I have a 95 TSI fwd with 80k miles on it that is bone stock. Used it as my DD, now its just getting too old to depend on as a DD, so I bought an '06 GTO. How much is a bone stock 80k mile talon going for these days. Its in pretty good shape. Interior is a 9/10, exterior 7-8/10.

BTW good kill on the SRT4s. :cool:

Is the 4g63 the 1st gen? I have a 95 TSI fwd with 80k miles on it that is bone stock. Used it as my DD, now its just getting too old to depend on as a DD, so I bought an '06 GTO. How much is a bone stock 80k mile talon going for these days. Its in pretty good shape. Interior is a 9/10, exterior 7-8/10.

BTW good kill on the SRT4s. :cool:

well in the second gen cars they did have the 4g63 but only int he turbo form i think. the other 2.0l is the 420A engine thats the same as the neon non-turbo motor.

i dunno on value i gave 1600 for my car then i modded it.