Kill switch / alarm

olds443

I want to hook up a hidden kill switch in both my Cutlass and my girlfriends z/28 which just got out of the paint shop. Any suggestions on where to get one or who makes one ?
I would prefer it to be easily accesessible (not have to pop the hood, etc. something you can run inside).
Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.:)
Almost forgot, the point is to try to limit someone trying to steal the cars, not for racing. They will have alarms but this is to supplement the alarm.

Sit in the car, and find an accessible but out of the way spot. I wouod like to find a way to turn the fuel pump on, but not have to turn it off.

/me digs through his relay box. :D

Kill switch to supplement alarm

You can try Kirban Performance Products (in PA), ph#215-348-8571. The last time I looked at their catalog, they had an Automatic Ignition cut-off theft deterrent system for $55 each or $100 for two. It says it works in conjunction with whatever alarm is already in the car. Once installed, it's on when you turn the ignition off and you disable it by touching two screws with your fingertips before starting your car. It comes with an LED light to boot!

I don't have this kit in my car, but I saw it in their catalog.

Install a flat rocker switch between the rear seat and side panel, where you could reach your left hand back between the rear seat and side panel and turn it on and off. Run some wires behind the side panel to the trunk and cut into the fuel pump relay circuit, so can dissable the fuel pump every time you get in or out of your car.:D
Tarey D.

If I use a rocker switch or toggle, what amperage do I get and should I run a fuse?
Also I have mechanical pumps (Cutlass doesn't have the turbo motor...yet! and the Camaro is a 78, no ecm, etc.).
I will check that vendor though, thanks for the suggestion.
Any more suggestions?

Ok instead of cutting out electric fuel pumps which you don't have, you could cut into one of the coil wires to keep it from starting. Ask your mechanic what wire to cut into.
Tarey D.

olds443

Just letting you know that the Z28 has allready got a good kill switch set up. Its uses GM's Pass-key immobilizer. You will noticed that little bump on the middle of the key. Its hard to bypass this and its cuts the fuel to the car.

Thanks TurboV6 but it is a 78, I wish it was the later gen which had the security key but then again I wish it was the later for many reasons including LS1.:D Oh well, in the future I guess.