Key West, Fla??

Dreamn4GN

Im taking the girlfriend to Key West for " Her" birthday. So I plan on doing some fishing haha. I know their are alot of Florida residents on this board. Can anyone give me recommendations? Not just fishing, but nightlife and eatery as well. Plan on going end of next month. Anything going on down their that I may need to know of? Spill the beans guys/gals.
TIA
Phill

Also if there are any other places like key largo or anything that may be cheaper than key west.

I always stay in Marathon. Not much nightlife but there are some good places to eat. Fishing is good there. Really only night life is key west and it gets old after a night to me.

Key West is cool pretty laid back.. If your going to fish then i agree the Key's is where the fishing is at. But if im reading correctly it's her bday im sure she's not gna wanna be fishing..I would suggest you comedown to Miami and spend a weekend at the beach and drive around the cool spots Cocowalk, South Beach, Coral Gables, Key Biscayne, Brickell have a nice dinner.. That's my Opinion.
You ever been to Miami ? :cool: The other idea is how about you leave your girl at home and call me when your at the airport. We can head to the FontaineBleau Hotel and have fun in there exclusive pool party's.. It get's wild I also have a SKI and some pretty nice spots where you can swim with Wild dolphins and manatee's in secluded islands in Key Biscayne..

Key West is cool pretty laid back.. If your going to fish then i agree the Key's is where the fishing is at. But if im reading correctly it's her bday im sure she's not gna wanna be fishing..I would suggest you comedown to Miami and spend a weekend at the beach and drive around the cool spots Cocowalk, South Beach, Coral Gables, Key Biscayne, Brickell have a nice dinner.. That's my Opinion.
You ever been to Miami ? :cool: The other idea is how about you leave your girl at home and call me when your at the airport. We can head to the FontaineBleau Hotel and have fun in there exclusive pool party's.. It get's wild I also have a SKI and some pretty nice spots where you can swim with Wild dolphins and manatee's in secluded islands in Key Biscayne..
Haha If I went down without the ol lady, I wouldnt be coming back. Yeah I thought we were going for like 5 days, She loves fishing actually. She mentioned it not me haha. But we are doing a thursday to sunday. Its either Miami or key west area or goto Vegas. She loves the beach so thats why we thought Key West. But after looking at prices down their, not sure what to do. Even tho price is not a deal breaker, but she likes a good deal just as much as I do. But still up in the air. Hell might do both

I'll be in Florida Feb 27- March 9th. Going to try to get to Key West as well. Staying in Madeira beach for the most part.

Think we are just going to goto Vegas. Hell for the cost of Key west in Febuary can goto vegas and an all inclusive trip to puerto vallarta

Not gna be as cool as FL

PART_1358703962490.jpeg

Fontainebleu Pool Party!!

PART_1358703338054.jpeg

Do you want nightlife and partying or quiet, laid back, private island sunnin and funnin? Do you get drunk and walk home or drink responsibly and drive home? Answering those questions will tell you where to stay. I lived in Miami many years with many jaunts to the keys. There are noisy, crowded party islands and secluded laid back, people leave you alone islands that you can then drive to the party and drive back in 15-30 minutes. There are islands with motels right on the water with your own private dock to park your boat that cost under $75-100 night that actually have kitchenettes. Are you into the jet set style party or the red neck style party or the biker style party?

Mikey

we spent 2 weeks camping & boating in Big Pine key, actually we were @ the end of the 7 mile bridge. (1st time in the keys). there is not a lot to do in the keys except drink, boat, eat & relax . but boy did we have a blast doing all 4. we had such a good time we are going back. we spent time in Marathon, Big Pine & Key West, Key West is party town, Marathon & Big Pine is much more relaxed. 1 thing that we really enjoyed was there are VERY few chain restraunts south of Miami.

" we had such a good time we are going back.".. The wife will be allowed back. You??? NO WAY!:D:p

We are going to Vegas. We got free hotel and free airfare. Ill hafta wait for my birthday to get my fishing vacation. Thanks for the info guys. You are the best.

Chuck Leeper said:
I thot that was why you were going. For some "fishing" ....:D:p
You, nor anyone else, would find me there.....

Haha it's HER birthday weekend I was gonna try And get some fishing in. But it'll hafta wait