Kenny Bell Number 1 intake. Pictures.

boostingbuick

Going to be buried in this.
So I got this from a buddy that found it at his uncles place after he passed away. I gave very little for it. So I am wondering if its just cool to own, or is it a good intake. Are they worth anything before I do anything with it like convert it to a Fuel injection? Any info would be great. Thanks.

Attachments

• 2013-06-11_17-18-57_556.jpg
    2013-06-11_17-18-57_556.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 233
  • 2013-06-11_17-19-24_473.jpg
    2013-06-11_17-19-24_473.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 248
  • 2013-06-11_17-19-07_64.jpg
    2013-06-11_17-19-07_64.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 224
or for us carb guys that actually do exsist in this wasteland of electronic fuel confusion~

Its a decent intake, its a single plane so small carb and lots of RPM to make it run okays.... but it has its value in my world. I wouldnt suggest converting it to EFI as it flows no better or worse then the stock LC2 intake.

how much ya wanting?

The KB intake is an interim design and could be used on low and high port heads. If going with high port heads then port matching is a smart thing to do. It's not a bad intake and has several advantages over the inter-cooled intake, but setting one up for SFI wouldn't give you an advantage unless it's an all out race set up. As far as using it as a carbed intake it would be fine but the lack of having a spread bore mount reduces the effective power band some what. The other draw back is the EGR passeges need to be blocked so the engine will run cooler.;)

I don't plan on selling it. I thought it would look cool on my car and would make it stand out over the rest of the other Buicks I park next to. I would part with it if you really needed to have it and could not find one. I am not greedy and would help a fellow Buick person. But a of right now I would like to convert.

If you were going to convert one then the Weiand one is the best choice. It's an air gap style and has very little restriction in it. No EGR and uses a SBC style water neck. Those are really hard to find though.:(

Charlies 100% correct on the weiand being the unit of choice.... even the later one is awesome with the dominator flange.

no I dont need it really....... just a hoarder of buick carb stuff :D

Charlies 100% correct on the weiand being the unit of choice.... even the later one is awesome with the dominator flange.

no I dont need it really....... just a hoarder of buick carb stuff :D

Same here. I have 2 KB intakes on engines now, and would buy another for the shelf if I find a good one. There has been one on E-Bay for months. The seller wants a rediculous price for it, and it looks rough. The Weiand air gap intake is the one to have, but a HEI distributor willl not work with it for the street. The street version looks just like the KB, but with a removable flange. This stuff brings back the good old days before turbos and SFI started making real power.

I've got the KB1 and the later Weiand one but finding that blasted air gap design is hard as hell and the last 1 I found was in Australia.:eek: Talk about sticker shock.:confused:

The air gap is nice, but not necassary the only one that can make the power. As far as the flow bench has told me, the later dominator flanged weiand flows the most bottom line. But its difficult to use enough of the flow resonably on the street. For a Blow thru or even Draw thru config, with the floor being slightly pent it really aids in boosted flow when there is a wet mixture running through it. This is the manifold of choice for boost or huge RPM....

The air gap with its standard style flange would be my choice for a somewhat streetable combo but it is still single plane. while i personally think best streetable intake is the edelbrock dual plane.

The Weiand air gap intake is the one to have, but a HEI distributor willl not work with it for the street.
Not entirely true. It is possible to use the large cap HEI distributor setup with the air gap Weiand intake. Only needs the HEI cap trimmed for clearance against the intake, it works. I use it on my blowthru and I drive it as much as possible on street.

I have used that Torx bolt on that corner like stock but the issue with the Weiand intake in that spot isn't the height but the amount of material in front of that bolt.

As far as that bolt I came up with an accidental replacement. These are button head allen head bolts that are stainless and are just the right size to get rid of the torx head ones.;) Granted they're not new but they're in decent shape.:D
DSCF1111.JPG