Kenne bell T-body

WhiteTtype989

Need a little help . Anyone know what thread size the brass fittings are that are circled . Assuming I can find them at home depot ?

Not sure if the the kenne-b. t-bodys(70mm) had any issues , but should I loctite the throttle plate screws? currently they are black with torx heads . Or are most running a grade8 screw if so what thread size would I need ?

Any help is apprec.

Attachments

• aftb_alpha.jpg
    aftb_alpha.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 188
not really sure

what size,
but I think 1/4 pipe thread,
yes there available at HD, or napa.
I got the throttle blade screws there too (HD)
I believe the KB throttle body was made by accu fab
the blade screws are 8-32 x 1/2 allen head

fittings are 1/8npt , dont know why you need anything , if you remove them just leave them open , no harm.. its just a drilled hole from one fitting to the other that doesnt need to be plugged

definitely use locktite , another fix is crush the threads that stick out so the screw cant find its way into the engine, thats the way its been done forever with carb plates back in the day when we ran those , if you need to get it off at a later time just file off the damaged threads ,

You can also drill up through the bottom one and they become vaccum ports.

You can also drill up through the bottom one and they become vaccum ports.

Or a GREAT place to inject Alky if you are tryng to be sneaky. If you are running NHRA Stock Eliminator, you can easily hide a alcohol system by capping the heater pipes so no engine fluid will reach them, then run the alky system in the heater box. Add a little red food coloring to the methanol and if they tear you down, it'll look like Water Wetter.;) Don't do this, as it would be cheating.:biggrin: Oh MAN! THe cats out of the bag now!:eek: