Kenne Bell Hood Mount FP Question

Kid with a toy

Shaven Member
Here's the question: There are two red wires on a Kenne Bell Hood Mount FP Gauge, is one hot and one ground? If so, can I use a hood screw as a ground? And the hot hooked up to the hood light?

Thanks in advance,
Erik

I assume you're talking about the wires for the light...you can hook one to any ground...as for the other wire if you hook it to the hood light I believe the light will stay on all the time...I think that wire is a hot from the battery...what I did was run the wire through the firewall...tapped into the Instrument Panel fuse by using one of those terminals that snaps around the fuse...that way the light in the guage comes on with the rest of my instrument lights...

Originally posted by Kid with a toy
So it really doesn't matter which red wire goes where? As long as one is hot and one is ground?

Erik

No----that is not accurate----follow what MSDGN said.If you hook it to "any hot wire"--it may be on all the time.MSDGN's way--it will only come on when the instr. lights are on.

Geoff

As far as the wires for the light you are just completing a circuit so there isn't a specific ground or positive(hot)...the wire are interchangeable...

I found that with the light hooked up it was still very hard to see at night. Only when i got out in the country where there was little light could I clearly read the gauge.

That would explain why every KB FP gauge I've seen has had the red wires cut-n-tucked. Good thing I haven't started to wire that thing yet.

Erik

Originally posted by azgn
the lite is worthless....don't bother
I have to disagree. My light went out about a month ago and it was unable to read at night. Got a new bulb from champion and I can see it again at night. Maybe my bulb is different than yours. But,I can see it good 24/7.
I would hook up the light or forget about seeing it at night. Then again maybe you live where there are lots and lots of street lights. Bulb lasted 11+years.