Kenne Bell---Boost-a-Pump

agteacher

Life is GREAT!!
Has anyone used a Kenne Bell--Boost-a-Pump on a single pump in a GN ?

Good---Bad---"worth a try" ?

a bandaid AND a gamble IMO.... another piece in the equation to fail and cost you your motor....

I have one that i've been using for 9 years and never had a problem with it,a very well made part.

Anyone that has one of these laying around and it's just in your way you can send it to me. ;)

John :)

Guys with teh new Mudstain GT's and a blower use them to get the factory pump to keep up.

It actually was a good product and well made, check the output of it at full on setting.

I'd try one on the power window circuit feed wire (cutting and splicing required) to speed up the power windows the right way, more volts. :cool:

With a hot wire installed and a good ground added to any decent aftermarket in tank fuel pump if it puts out more than your battery voltage and high current it's a good thing. :smile:

I haven't heard of many failures over the years and they always command a decent used price when sold.

Just my .02 reading about them.

"Lingenfelter" used it on a mid 9 @ 150+ street car :cool: I sold a few to the Cobra guys to.. :p

my buddy has one here...it's junk. LOL

a bandaid AND a gamble IMO.... another piece in the equation to fail and cost you your motor....

by 'junk' I don't mean not well made...I mean what bmackinnon said.

Have you ever used one before? They do work.... sure there going to cause the fuel pump to die sooner. But the pump in my fathers we4 has been in there since 04 without any issues and at least 20k miles on it. They work well IMO

and if you ever put one for sale on theturboforums.com I bet it sells within easily a couple hours at a fair price :cool:

I have installed them in many of our customers cars and have had no failures to speak of. I have called Walbro and they told me that the pump had no issues with the voltage. Plus when I was running out of fuel on my GN at the big end, I installed a Boost a pump and was able to keep the fuel pressure stable and did not need to install a second pump. I like mine and feel it was a good choice instead of installing a second pump that I only need 3% of the time I drive it.