Kenne Bell ashtray switches

2toneregal

Do anyone have the kenne bell ashtray switches?
Have you had any problems with them?
Do you have the installation instructions?

Im having problems with mine thats why im asking. Problems consist of
Radio and interior lights will not come on unless 1 of the switches is switched on.
This problem developed after i unplugged and plugged the orange ECM wire
Reason for doing that was because i did the spring cleaning and i did the Seafoam top end cleaning...
I did drive the car around after i plugged the wire up..

Feedback would be much appreciated

I think that you're having a problem because that particular switch is not be connected correctly. What does it activate and most important, where does it gets its power from? :confused: It's very likely that it is also interupting the radio and interior lights circuit when switched to "off", depending on where you connected it. :redface:

Claude. :wink:

I never messed with the wiring the previous owner or the 1 before him wired everything up.. Before i unplugged the orange power wire everything worked correctly.. The switch is for the cooling fan..

Well then, maybe the former owner just didn't connect it right to begin with. I'd check to see as to where the wire from the switch gets it's power from 'cause it's not supposed have anything to do with the radio and interior lights...

Claude.

Well then, maybe the former owner just didn't connect it right to begin with. I'd check to see as to where the wire from the switch gets it's power from 'cause it's not supposed have anything to do with the radio and interior lights...

Claude.
ok well i will go trace the wires and bring back some more details

ok well i will go trace the wires and bring back some more details

Yep!...:redface: Anyways, if you see that the wire from the switch gets it's 12v. from anywhere else than the fuse panel, disconnect it and plug it in there. You might be surprised...and find out that the problem "mysteriously" diseappeared!...:D

Claude :wink:

Sounds like the fans were drawing too many amps and melted the wiring under the dash.

Sounds like the fans were drawing too many amps and melted the wiring under the dash.

The fan isnt my problem still kicks on at 160.. And now after i traced all them wires and plugged everything back up the way it was my car ran good for a good 30 mins and my fuel pump went out so i checked the fuse and used a multimeter to check the wires and checked the relay all good think the fuel pump went out on me.. everything is going all wrong at the wrong time...