Keith Mease

dynomarcjack

I decided to start a new thread regarding my situation with Keith Mease. The previous thread was when I was looking for information Keith in attempts to get back my husband's 87 TType. Thank you to everyone who stepped up to help me get his car back. As many of you know, I got the car and lots of parts back a couple of weeks ago. He would not give us the engine and other parts on that day, but promised that I could get them in two weeks. Two weeks has come and gone and of course many phone calls. The bottom line is he only wants to give me the engine but not the cylinder heads, intake manifold or the transmission. The only recourse I have at this point is to take him to civil court. So not only can I not get back what righfully belongs to me, I have to hire a lawyer and take him to court! If anyone has any information that would help me in this matter, I would greatly appreciate it. We have owned this car since 1990 and it was Eric's first Buick. He owned even before he knew how to build transmissions. I know he would want me to do everything in my power to get it back. I already have someone in place to rebuild it for me so my sons can watch their dad's car go down the track. Again, thank to everyone who has helped me in the past couple of months with this ordeal. You will never know how much I appreciate your help. Liz Schertz

That's crap!!! What's the reason of not being able to give you what belong to you? I'm guessing he sold the parts and they are long gone. I hope not. Like Sean said it. Sue the bastard and get back what belongs to you and then some.. just for the grief this guy is putting you through. I can't believe that it has gone this far. Some people just deserve to be punished severely and I'm not talking about lawfully.:mad: I just hope you get back what belongs to you and so you can go on w/ your life and get past the BS this guy is putting you and your family through.

Alan

Guaranteed, that stuff has been sold or used on other customers' cars and is no longer in his possession.

Sue the bastard, be sure to get him for your lawyer fees too, and punitive damages, pain and suffering, all that crap. In your situation I can't imagine I'd handle it as well as you have, I'd probably already have gotten nasty, real nasty, and gotten myself in trouble thanks to my old man's well known temper that I inherited in a bad way (luckily I inherited a long fuse from someone so it hardly ever gets set off).

I wish I were a lawyer and were in your area, I'd definitely take this one pro bono but I'm not and I ain't so I can only say good luck (again) and root from the internet sidelines that you eventually get closure on this.

Everyone says sue sue sue. Before you do this, find all the paperwork you can on your case. Do you have anything from this guy stating what was received by him from your husband? Anything with a description on the parts he was given? I've been through this, I know what a headache it is and unless you can prove he had the parts in his possession you might be wasting your time and more money.

Also, start a day to day log about what you have done and who says what. Trust me, this is worth the time to keep and proves very handy in a court of law. I am in no way trying to discourage you to go after this guy, just try and have everything in order first before going to an attorney. It will save him time, you time, and money in the long run. It will also help your case out 10 times over.........Good luck!

Thanks for your support. I am feeling pretty powerless right now, but I will do everything I can to get back what belongs to me. Believe it or not, my husband was friends with Keith and most things were done on faith. I do have some paperwork and the police did a report when I got the car and it lists all the items he did not give to me so their is no denying it.

Sorry to hear. Scumbags just love to take advantage of people. What comes around usually goes around tho.

Everyone says sue sue sue. Before you do this, find all the paperwork you can on your case. Do you have anything from this guy stating what was received by him from your husband?

Seems to me it wouldn't be to hard to prove he(Mease) had a complete car there at one time or another. He's already handed over an incomplete car. It's up to Mease to prove he never recieved the missing parts. Not the other way around.

Besides we are talking about Mease here. I bet the state has a folder full of crap about him. Make him call your bluff. Chances are he'll fold like a deck of cards once he gets served with the summons.

Sorry Liz, call your attorney, see if you can report the engine stolen, (criminal cases are stronger than civil getting arrested may get his attention) I cannot believe what a P.O.S. this guy is.
Mike

Sorry Liz, call your attorney, see if you can report the engine stolen, (criminal cases are stronger than civil getting arrested may get his attention) I cannot believe what a P.O.S. this guy is.
Mike

I can't believe the TTA guys still put $$$$ in his pocket :mad: :mad: :mad:

I don't know how the man sleeps at night. Amazing how some people have no conscience!

Very sorry to hear he is putting you through this ordeal, hope it works out for you.

It's up to Mease to prove he never recieved the missing parts. Not the other way around.

X2 ! Exactly!

Liz, hang in there and don't let that as***le get away with it so easily...:eek: I know you already have someone very highly qualified (in fact, one of the best!) to put the car back together...I sincerely hope this will happen so your sons will see their dad's car running again and hopefully, it will still be in the family in many years from now for them to enjoy !...:)

Claude :wink:

i am selling shirts for anyone whom has dealt with kease mease. i know him and we all make fun of him when u get taken by him you have been "MEASERED" SO I HAVE SHIRTS FOR SALE SAYING "I HAVE BEEN MEASERED" they are going for 10$ each plus shipping so for anyone whom has delt with him you can understand where the saying comes from...

well i live not far from keith and he has worked on my car and boat.. so i am in the same situation as u all.. i to have been "MEASERED"