Keith Mease still in business?

I know he was in business the end of last year. You're not going to buy anything from him are you?:eek:

he is still around. I talked to him last month. If you want something, you should speak to him in person.if you want the alchy system, get a hold of phil mease.

If you want something, you should speak to him in person.

This is what I call horrible advice. The only way to get product from Keith reliably is to buy it from someone who already has it. (ie a vendor) If you deal directly with him you will get screwed. I can't make it any clearer than that and if you choose to try it you deserve to get laughed at when it happens. A quick search will tell you all you need to know. I myself waited almost 4 years for a part I only got once he thought legal action was immanent. Trust me, for every one good experience with him (I know there has to be one) there is at least 50 bad ones. That's not an exageration. In fact, it's probably conservative. I'm not even sure he's allowed on these boards anymore. Please, DON'T DEAL WITH KEITH MEASE!!!!!!! HTH james

that bad huh i wanted his 4inch MAF pipe....looks like a nice piece.

Nice piece indeed...I had 2 wait 4 months 4 it :eek: . Every time I called He had an excuse :mad: . Too risky !!! :p I advise U 2 look somewhere else !! :biggrin: You've been warned !!! ;)

Keith is done fabricating for the public. He is finishing up all previous orders but no new items will be produced for the general buyer. He's moved from this as primary income and uses his abilities for close friends.

Phil

I don't know Keith personally, but I have his external gate DP and it's the best fitting DP I have ever seen. I feel fortunate to own it.

Yes, he's done, now your venting can end too. There's no need to warn people anymore that it took forever to get parts from him. And I wouldn't call halting fab on the best parts made a public service. It just so happens some people want quality, some people want quality fast. The latter is very hard to find, especially for people who own 10k$ cars and generally wouldn't pay elite rates for hand made components.

I design electronics... but thankfully I've learned that trying to sell auto electronics as an income is wasteful of my time. This keeps me focused on doing new innovative things in research and not attempting to mass-produce something solo like Keith tried for many years, struggling the whole way through. Now production, and now even design is going overseas... Unfortunately, nobody will mass-produce something that there is very small demand for - well at least not anyone with decent business sense.

Thanks, and Keith really does appreicate the nice remarks people have made over the years. I think it was the only thing that kept him going and not jumping ship earlier.

Phil

Yes, he's done, now your venting can end too. There's no need to warn people anymore that it took forever to get parts from him.

Phil, don't take this personally but I will decide when it's time to stop telling people about Keith and his business practices. Also, I'll do it in whatever manner I feel is required to stop people from attempting to do business with him. And yes, there is a need. Anytime someone attempts to do business with him there is a need.

And I wouldn't call halting fab on the best parts made a public service.

I was talking about his not dealing directly with the public.

It just so happens some people want quality, some people want quality fast. The latter is very hard to find, especially for people who own 10k$ cars and generally wouldn't pay elite rates for hand made components.

Okay, I waited almost 4 years.......I want that to sink in........for my part and the quality wasn't all that. Yes it's nice, but not 3.5 years nice. Not what I had to go through to get it nice. Also, never once did I complain about how much the part had cost. I even offered to pay for shipping a second time or to just give him more money to finish it. If you want a picture I would be more than happy to post one up of this supposed "best part made" in the next week or two. It's nice, but not as nice as some others out there that take allot less than 3.5 years to get. Another thing, I don't think that wanting a part within the first year of buying it demanding "fast" service.

I design electronics... but thankfully I've learned that trying to sell auto electronics as an income is wasteful of my time. This keeps me focused on doing new innovative things in research and not attempting to mass-produce something solo like Keith tried for many years, struggling the whole way through. Now production, and now even design is going overseas... Unfortunately, nobody will mass-produce something that there is very small demand for - well at least not anyone with decent business sense.

Good on ya.

Thanks, and Keith really does appreicate the nice remarks people have made over the years. I think it was the only thing that kept him going and not jumping ship earlier.

I'm sure he deserved some of them. But in my opinion he also deserves pretty much any flame he gets. That's kind of how it works. You do good things people say good things. You try and screw people, people say bad things.

James

Welp, you do whatever you want, this is a free country and frankly it doesn't matter either way. Personally, I think you could do better things with your time than warning people about parts that they cannot even get anymore.

The parts Keith has produced for me and many others are indeed among the best and I will stick by that till the day I die. Everything is perfect in my car that he's built with & for me. And ultimately every car he's built or been a part of is simply fast as all hell. If you feel your part isn't up to par, then sell it. Go buy someone elses. :smile: What is it anyways, I may buy it back?

Keith has never knowingly screwed anybody. If you think he's a con-artist, go check out his million dollar home, or all of his Ferrari, go see what all of the 'screwing' got him.

I'm done here... I had just rather he exit the community in a positive air. So again, Keith is no longer in the business of producing parts for the public, so there's no need to ask for parts. I don't know what his OAL plan in the future will be but it doesn't look good for spitting out parts anymore.

Phil

Phil,

Please don't misunderstand me. I said I will warn people about dealing with Keith not about using parts he's made. Read my posts. Also I said my part, a downpipe if you must know, wasn't worth 3.5 years of my time. I'm not saying it's junk because it's not. I'm saying it wasn't worth what I had to go through to get it. To tell you the truth it looks like someone that is very talented and takes pride in their work was in a hurry when they made it. And in my mind just because you ultimately get someone their part after jerking them around for a LONG TIME doesn't mean you didn't screw them. It means you didn't STEAL from them.

One last thing. I've heard the "Keith isn't doing work for individuals" line before. Usually it's followed by someone posting about how they didn't get there parts as promised. If Keith was really concerned with leaving the community on a good note he would have done things differently.

Let me say this once more for everyone to hear. From what I've seen of Mease parts they are very high quality. THEY ARE NOT JUNK!!!!! Just buy them from someone other than Keith.

ill throw my 2cts in here since i have dealings with keith and have parts from him have been to his house hung with him and know of a bunch of guys who still get parts from him. everything he does is a work or art i have never seen welds at this level even from a machine. call it ass kissing call it the truth call it what you will, he is a good guy that takes his time to make quality parts and to work with you to make what you want or need. i would buy from him again without ?

the few dealings ive had with MPE were good.. excellent parts and i got mine quick..