Keep Right!

Ormand

Just noticed on the tech board a couple of folks complaining about those slow pokes who plug up the left lane or lanes. I agree, 1000%! They not only slow up traffic, they keep the traffic from moving at a steady pace. So, even if they were doing a "good" thing,making us slow down and save gas, the constant slow down, speed up, slow down, speed up, would use up any gas they might save by forcing us to drive slower. And I am convinced that they cause many, many accidents, even though they will rarely get blamed, or accept responsibiity. People get bottle up behind these shmucks, and then do something nutty in order to get by. They create road rage in others, and then they are totally clueless when someone blows the horn, or flashes headlights, trying to get the message through. And when is the last time you saw any law officer stop someone for blocking the left lane? There may be laws, and signs that announce those laws- "KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS", but our immigration laws are enforced more than the keep right laws. :mad:

You have no idea how mad this makes me. I used to drive 210 miles round trip to work everyday and I learned a few things. When coming up on someone going slow in the left lane I used to throw off the cruise way early and coast down to their speed. Instead, now I drive with my headlights on and let off the gas at the last second and come up on them hard. It sounds like I'm being a jerk but that's the only thing that makes some people move over. I've literally followed a car doing 60mph in a 70 going side by side with a diesel for 25 miles. After flashing my lights and honking the horn I passed on the left shoulder. Normally I wouldn't do that because it throws up derbris but I was in a rental car and this guy deserved it. I then slowed down to 40mph to show him how it felt.

The best is when I'm late and hit the road later then 5am. I get stuck behind all the damn farm workers that plug up the entire freeway doing 55mph. I love my new car because with the HIDs on bright most of them move over pretty quickly.

So that's why folks blow the horn at me, I just thought they were admiring the GN or Ty :biggrin: Just kidding...I usually block the center lane, not the left lane :eek:

its the law here, and its illegal to pass on the right, even if the right lane is the only one open. it may not be enforced but its the law none the less.

they saw that is what makes the autobahn so safe is people following that simple law, and it makes life so much easier also.

Agreed 1000%

People actually respond to this in the good way, get the hell outta my way...

Its been on my truck for 3 years, and i had one on my 79 trans am in high school. lol

BW

Attachments

• 100_3953 (Small).jpg
    100_3953 (Small).jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 76