k1 rods

thedarkknight

can i get a set for pinned pistons or are they just for bushed:confused:i have speed pro pistons that i'd like to save.

To the best of my knowledge the K1 rods aren't available in a pressed pin configuration. You might want to check with either Mike Licht at Full Throttle or Dan at DLS to confirm this.

Neal

can i get a set for pinned pistons or are they just for bushed:confused:i have speed pro pistons that i'd like to save.
The pistons are always floating on the pins. If not the engine would lock up or the bottom of the piston would be ripped off immediately upon cranking over the engine. The K1 rods are floated and use the standard .940in pins that stock pistons use. Easy swap with a re-balance.

Speed Pro pistons don't have spirolocks. You can't use them with a bushed connecting rod there's no way to keep the pin located.

Neal

Speed Pro pistons don't have spirolocks. You can't use them with a bushed connecting rod there's no way to keep the pin located.

Neal

Lol. Didnt think about that. Im sure the grooves could be cut in there if needed.

K1 now has press fit, stock replacement H-beam billet rods for your engine. They are the same price as the bushed rods.

thanks for the help

i ordered a set of k1,s and diamond pistons from mike at full throttle. i have already received them and they are curently being balanced with the rest of the engine, but i appreciate your reply :D