K&n monster acura

we2man

I've recently bought my daughter a 02 acura cl type s to drive to college. In my attempt to make it more fuel effecient i added a K&N filter. The car has the honda V-tech 260hp HO v6 engine. After putting in the filter the car will not take off without losing traction even when trying not to practicly burning out and it seems to be a little worse on gas! I removed it ad put the paper one back in. Does anyone know what the deal with this is? I guess i wasted 65 bucks!

You sure you arent getting tip in stumble and then the car is recovering and lurching forward. Sometimes that will happen with a drop in K&N.

Another thing when the K&N filter is in, the mass air meter droans loudly! sounds like a huge vaccume cleaner! I dont understand the tip and stumble analogy either. Why would it be worse on gas?

Drone is from the air flow improvement. I bet the gas mileage is from making it drone with heavy foot

I've recently bought my daughter a 02 acura cl type s to drive to college. In my attempt to make it more fuel effecient i added a K&N filter. The car has the honda V-tech 260hp HO v6 engine. After putting in the filter the car will not take off without losing traction even when trying not to practicly burning out and it seems to be a little worse on gas! I removed it ad put the paper one back in. Does anyone know what the deal with this is? I guess i wasted 65 bucks!
hmm weird.. my daily driver is an 03 cl-s, and when i got it , I put a cold air intake on it. never had any of the problems you speak of...just better fuel milage. Im assuming it doesnt have the same problems with the paper filters??

I think i might know what the problem is i,ve been brainstorming and came up with she's been putting 87 octane in when its made to run on premium! Could this be confusing the computer espeacally when confronted with the extra airflow from the K&N?

I dont run premium in my acura and i never had any problems.. Might want to check some sensors, CEL come on at all??

I don't see the problem. Put some slicks on it. Take it to the track and win some money. Now thats bang for your buck. Sounds like an extra 100 hp just from the air filter. I wish I had that problem.

Anyone want to buy a K&N filter for acura cl type s im sure it'll fit alot of acuras? It only got about 200 miles on it before removed. part #33-2178 i paid $75.00 will take $50.00 obo. I would personally keep it in the car if it were mine. I've had four grand nationals and three z28,s So im a performance nut

A little off topic, but if this car isn't a rare 6 speed car, theses automatics are expensive & poorly designed. I'd sell before it cost you! Check out Acurazine forum on trans problems. I hate it too, there great cars & engines that get good fuel mileage! Trust me, it's a matter of time before you drop $3500.