Acura tranmission acting funny

we2man

I BOUGHT A 01 ACURA FOR MY DAUGHTER TO DRIVE TO COLLEGE. ITS GOT THE V-TECH 260hp HO ENGINE AND IS MATED TO 5 SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION. RECENTLY WHEN YOUR ON THE FREEWAY OR A BYPASS WHETHER ITS IN 4th OR5TH WHEN YOU LIFT OFF THE ACCELARATOR IT WANTS TO LUNGE. WHEN IT DOES IT THE RPM,S WILL GO DOWN AND THEN JUMP BACK UP (the lunging effect) DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT COULD BE CAUSING THIS?

Might want to search around. I think those issues were addressed by Acura/Honda under a recall.

Might want to search around. I think those issues were addressed by Acura/Honda under a recall.

X2 Honda had issues with their transmissions. I know the v6 cars had a recall i beleive . I was driving an Odyssey and the diff pin broke and the van stopped rather fast:eek: There is an oiling problem in the trans that causes this to happen Call the dealer with the vin and see if there are any recalls or tsb's

I just checked alldata and it says the transmissions have extended warranty to 93 months or 109000 miles. which is not good for you
There is also a recall for some kind of oil jet line or pump. Thats what the odyssey needed but it went to long and broke.
good luck

Google this or go to any acura forum. This seems to be a very common problem. I wish you luck with the issue.