Justified shooting or not, you be the judge, warning graphic video scene.

The owner got that dog killed. The man yells to the cops racially charged mind you. The cops then see him put his dog in the car and start walking down the street. Police are suppose to detain a person like that for their own safety. Take him back to the cruiser and get his information. See if he has weapons. Just wish the officer knew that a taser would work too rather than having to discharge his weapon.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I don't know if it's justified or not, but I can tell you one thing, that dog is stupid good at playing dead.

Tasers were designed for use on humans might not provide the same stopping effects on such a large dog as a Rottweiler, different biological make up.

Tasers were designed for use on humans might not provide the same stopping effects on such a large dog as a Rottweiler, different biological make up.

Use what you know will work! No time to think about it.

A tazer? Really... has anyone here ever tazed an animal with a police issue tazer? Its two prongs that go off in seperate directions. After 5 seconds of the tazer going off then what? Taze the dog again and again? Have you not seen the video of that bull that got tazed? Yeah it worked for 5 seconds and then it got up and charged through the fence at the camera man..

This is why some people don't need to own dogs like this...rotts and pits. The dumbass guy obviously parked the car right on the corner and got his dog out to be mr tough guy in front of the crowd. This guy provoked the police and failed to secure his dog when the cops were walking towards him. On the other hand the police were a bit excessive and there was no need to cuff the man filming.

Only looking at the video, it appears that there was ample opportunity for those officers to walk over to the guy and without divulging anything, give him some direction/request/explanation. I don't think they were too concerned with people videotaping as they walked passed this guy while he was filming earlier. I did hear him say something about good cops and there were some bad ones but I don't know who he directed those comments to as there were others nearby. When he came back after walking across the street he was filming those same two cops again and some exchange took place that prompted a response from them. Up to that point, they knew the guy was there and filming and didn't bat an eye. I do find it odd that there were what looked like people crouched down behind cars near those cops. I could be wrong but I thought I saw people on the ground. Anyway, I think the cops could have handled it another way. . Perhaps they could have cordoned off the area to keep yokels like this guy far enough away that he's of no consequence. And I also think Mr. CopWatch also could have used a little more common sense given what he was filming. I agree with the poster who commented that the only clear loser in this debacle was the dog.

those cops, came from almost half a block down, to deal with this guy, who looked to be leaving , when he put his dog away.
I never saw the guy go past, the police cars, there was no crime scene tape, no set boundaries. no verbal warning, nothing.

BIG DIFFERENCE in local law enforcement and government law enforcement. you got to wonder who are they putting behind the badge, some don't really belong there, I'm sure we have all run across them once or twice. I can not say what I really want to,
so I'll leave it at that. I don't want to sound like I am beating up all police officers, there are plenty of them out there and lord knows
those are the guys we need out there, but some get that tunnel vision, some of you know exactly what I mean.

This is what happens when we allow one of the biggest gangs to carry guns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm happy you ask that question cause i have my very close friend Mr. Walther PPQ to help me out when shit hits the fan

Easier said then done.

Take the law into your own hands and you'll be paying the price.

No Grand Nationals allowed in jail. lol

No-No's,

I don't think you understand why everyone is saying the guy with the dog was in the wrong. These cops are dealing with a obviously bad situation hence the swat vehicle. So this guy yelling and getting pretty close is causing a distraction to the cops. Just because they put him in handcuffs doesn't mean he is going to jail or under arrest. They put him in handcuffs because that's what cops do to protect themselves so they can be safe while trying to figure out what is going on.

I do feel bad about the dog. I have a retired racing greyhound and wouldn't ever let him be in the car with enough of an opening for him to get out. Once a dogs instincts kick in they follow them. If my dog sees another small animal running it is in his instincts to chase it. This dogs natural instinct is to defend his human. Yes the dog is the only victim. The dogs owner is an idiot and the cops were doing there job before this moron showed up and he caused a problem while they were trying to deal with another problem.

Think of it this way. The US Navy was not allowed to shoot small boat approaching them like the one the attacked the USS Cole and killed 17 Sailors. Why did they not fire on that boat. They didnt know what their intentions were that's why. The cops have a big advantage over the Cole. They can handcuff and then find out their intentions. None of this would have happened if the guy hadn't ran his pie hole and been so close.

I think there is more to the story than shown in the video. One of the articles I read said the guy already had at least one lawsuit pending against the police. Unfortunately the dog got the worst of it due to the decisions of others.

David

No-No's,

I don't think you understand why everyone is saying the guy with the dog was in the wrong. These cops are dealing with a obviously bad situation hence the swat vehicle. So this guy yelling and getting pretty close is causing a distraction to the cops. Just because they put him in handcuffs doesn't mean he is going to jail or under arrest. They put him in handcuffs because that's what cops do to protect themselves so they can be safe while trying to figure out what is going on.

I do feel bad about the dog. I have a retired racing greyhound and wouldn't ever let him be in the car with enough of an opening for him to get out. Once a dogs instincts kick in they follow them. If my dog sees another small animal running it is in his instincts to chase it. This dogs natural instinct is to defend his human. Yes the dog is the only victim. The dogs owner is an idiot and the cops were doing there job before this moron showed up and he caused a problem while they were trying to deal with another problem.

Think of it this way. The US Navy was not allowed to shoot small boat approaching them like the one the attacked the USS Cole and killed 17 Sailors. Why did they not fire on that boat. They didnt know what their intentions were that's why. The cops have a big advantage over the Cole. They can handcuff and then find out their intentions. None of this would have happened if the guy hadn't ran his pie hole and been so close.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app[/quote

I know what you mean , but the USS COLE , is an entirely different situation. my point was , a simple ' get the hell out of here or your going to jail, might have worked. its what I normally do when, I have to. but its a all for nothing bottom line is the dogs dead for trying to protect his owner, Sorry guys I love my dogs as if they were my children, did the owner screw up , yes he could be partially to blame. but things could have been handled differently.

Cops fault plain and simple they came down the street like storm troopers because they where being taped.They are tought in the academy to make sure all pets are secure befor starting any thing else.