Just wondering???

Camfreek

Thanks Rob!!!
I had looked be fore I asked but did not find any info. How much boost and horsepower can stock cast pistons handle, but please keep in mind this is for a N/A motor. I know a stock N/A 3.8 will work fine in a turbo car, but how much can they really handle before they blow to pieces???

Ask Aj (dr_frakenstein) about his experience. I think he blew his at stock levels when he tried it.

I had looked be fore I asked but did not find any info. How much boost and horsepower can stock cast pistons handle, but please keep in mind this is for a N/A motor. I know a stock N/A 3.8 will work fine in a turbo car, but how much can they really handle before they blow to pieces???
Not sure if you're asking about stock turbo pistons or stock N/A pistons.
This link might offer some useful info; Piston Photo Guide

Nope

I am not talking about a turbo motor or parts, I am saying what if you took a stock motor form say a regular Regal, like a 2 barrel 3.8 motor and just swapped out all the outer parts like intake valve covers and so on, basically swap out long blocks and put it in a Turbo Regal. How much can they handle???

I made it as far as about 8lbs before i went into detonation and burned the bottom of the engine right out.

i wouldnt push it farther than that though.....

A.j.

I did. I put 20# plus 100shot On stock '83 ttype block (bout same as cast NA pistons) with 93 fuel. And it wasn't really detonating but a lean condition did ruin piston ring lands and spit some ring chunks through my exhaust.

Ok

So basically there is a chance for a N/A motor to survive as long as I keep the boost down and so on.

Fuel is key, the rest is in the tune. Just don't get too carried away like I once did.

Good to know

Good info to know. The only reason I ask is because I got a killer deal on a N/A 3.8 it has like 47,000 miles on it, the car bought the car to V8. I had another motor I was going to try but I ended up selling it cause I needed the cash. My WH1 has been down for way to long now and I want to drive the damn thing. I figure the N/A motor can get me on the road, so I can build what I want to for it with the other motor from the WH1. I still have my GN, but its not to good for cruises and that will be fixed sometime down the road.....